Town Hall regarding Fertitta Center - 1st session - March 29th

TOWN HALL MEETINGS / ONLINE Q&A SESSIONS
http://uhcougarpride.com/fertittacenter/information/town-hall-q-and-a.html

TOWN HALL MEETINGS
Fertitta Center Town Hall Meetings will be held in the Cougar Club at TDECU Stadium from 6:00 – 7:30 PM on the following dates:

March 29, 2017
August 9, 2017
January 17, 2018
June 6, 2018

ONLINE Q&A SESSIONS
Online Q&A Sessions will be hosted on uhcougars.com from 12:00 – 1:00 PM on the following dates:

March 30, 2017
August 10, 2017
January 18, 2018
June 6, 2018

Just read all the info involving the seats. Man, they’re going to be expensive; just to reserve a season pass in 2018-19 season.

Hopefully, the product in the court justifies those prices. Need to win big if they’re going to charged that much.

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/cougar-pride/livechat.html

Picked out some of the ones I thought were notable.

The costs associated with all Luxury Seating options is tied to the funds needed to build luxury areas and the Fertitta Center itself.

We will do our best to accommodate everyone’s request. However, the reason for the 2-4 purchase rule is so that it does not strand 1 single seat. Most of our season ticket holders buy in sets of two, but are less likely to buy one seat if it is not attached to others.

BP - we will have two video boards that will be 60 feet long by 15 feet tall.

Brianna - the Fertitta Center is set to open in November, 2018. For students there will be 300 bleacher seats available on the court level at a first come first serve basis with their cougar cards.

Gary - after the construction is complete, the Fertitta Center capacity will be final. We are planning to use every space available in that building for luxury areas, concessions, bathrooms, etc.

Construction cam is coming soon!

The next Feritta Center Town Hall meeting will be on August 9, 2017 and the next Q&A Session will be August 10, 2017.

1 Like

I love that is actually two (2) video boards instead of one. The official rendering only had one drawn up. I think they will try to get as many seats in there as possible. My estimation would be 7,500+. I love the white recliners. Don’t know if any other college basketball arena actually has them out in the open like Fertitta Center will. Can’t wait for it to be done.

Given UH’s attendance history 7500 seats will be adequate. Even during Phi Slama Jama we seldom went over 8500 at any particular game. Hard to compete against all the pro franchises in this city. If the students finally wake up and show up in mass it will be a full house almost every game. If we are winning. And given what Sampson has accomplished to date and with the addition of the Fertitta Center his recruiting struggles should end abruptly. Happy Days are here again.

Only question I had when the official rendering came out is @pray10 is this section on the floor going to be standing room only or will there be some sort of bleachers there ?!

Don’t know. I doubt it though.