Transfer Portal Rumors and Ruminations

Absolutely. He’s way too good of an athlete to be standing on the sidelines.

2 Likes

Actually, I’m thinking PV is one of the games we’d use Tune in.

Tune just needs a tuneup

1 Like

Wonder why CDH said he was quite pleased with Tune. Obviously hasn’t seen what you have.

Kid was a true freshman, give me (and the 18 yr old kid) a break.

2 Likes

just giving my opinion

DH has had nothing but kind words for young Tune…the kid was a freakin’ freshman thrown into the fires with a wasted redshirt thanks to a coach in way over his head. With time Tune could be a stud contrary to what some of the self professing smarties on this board might think…

2 Likes

Fair enough

Tune looked good before the wheels fell off, injuries were mounting with our receivers, the OC checked out in typical Briles’ style and MA was not going to be returning.

If we want Tune to RS it would not seem wise to play him in the 2nd game unless necessary.
We want to save his 4 games as long as possible.

4 Likes

Is it me or do most of the kids that switch positions end up being very good at what they do?

1 Like

I thought of that too. Just don’t want King to get a stupid injury vs PV. Maybe we could play Ike?

1 Like

Logan H is an option.

Well, yeah, he is on the roster. Ike has a little experience. Maybe someone can go to the radio show tomorrow and ask Dana who are number 3 QB is.

I assume you only play one backup in these games? Hate to burn a game for both in one mop up opportunity.

1 Like

Well I figure like with TSU last year the 1s play maybe a half then back ups. Tune, if JD is right will play most of 2nd half with the other guys maybe getting a series or two in Q4.

Sims

1 Like

Lots of players are still growing and maturing… a year or 2 can make a huge difference.

1 Like

Wow… I didn’t see Tune vs Memphis… But against Army :astonished::flushed::flushed:

Hopefully, with better coaching and talent around him he gets better, along with maturity.

Case was always accurate. Just couldn’t do much deep.

I find it remarkable how much memories and opinions vary. One of the things I thought was particularly good about Case Keenum was his ability to go deep - he may not have the greatest “arm strength” (admittedly a somewhat nebulous term) - but he was, or at least I thought so - (and I think Patrick Edwards stats are some evidence in my favor) very good at understanding when to go deep and which angles to use and where to move both in and out of the pocket to throw the ball he wanted to throw,

2 Likes