Trip to Naval Academy

Some of you know my cousin played football for Air Force in the 80’s and they beat UT in the 85’ bluebonnet bowl. So I am very weary of playing an academy in football. They are trained to come out fighting and never stop until thy are victorious. They did just that yesterday to my beloved Coogs. Our mentality was soft and exposed from the frost snap and when we realized we were in trouble it was too late the damage had been done. I could see from the second level that they were killing us on the defensive ends. The pocket would collapse and they ran free. The people at Navy were nice and the town of Annapolis was very cool with places to eat and shops. I enjoyed the overall trip with my son Case. Just wished we would have been more prepared but such is life. I still think we win the championship again this year and go to a New Year’s Day bowl bowl. 13/1 two years in a row ain’t bad. GoCoogs

3 Likes

One of the wins here is the number of Coogs that traveled for the game. Many on this board can remember the times not so long ago when that wasn’t the case. Keep it up Coogs. There’s still work to be done.

1 Like

We also made the trip. Missing 3 starters on defense really hurt. A wet field vs a triple option team is bad news. Tack on that our best linebacker was in street clothes and i can see how our team was upset. The wet conditions even made pur offense look slow. I feel that we were not prepared for a wet field on both sides of the ball.

The campus was beautiful. Game day atmosphere on the campus was fun. The pre-game presentation was nice. Good trip even though the results were not what we wanted.

1 Like

Wife and I also made the trip and purchased the UHAA travel package which included a tour of the Academy and the pre game tailgate (Friday reception and Hotel also). It was good to see a decent turn out from Cougar Fans. Met some fans from around the area North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Wash DC, etc. Mike P from UHAA indicated we had 450 signed up for the tailgate and he heard upwards of 1,300 U of H tickets purchased. Not sure if the 1,300 included direct purchase from Navy. We were impressed with the Academy and the stringent regime the Midshipmen must follow. Only 1,100 admitted each year makes it difficult to get in. Wish we would have won but we did not cover the pitch man in the option like we did last year. Missing three starters did not help.

1 Like

We made the trip with a friend and flew into Reagan Airport on Friday night. I was surprised to also see a number of Coogs at the National Mall on Saturday morning and knew we would have a nice turnout at the game vs Navy.