Trust The Process - Blair Hamilton

Three top-25s in 11 events wasn’t bad for a freshman season on the Mackenzie Tour-PGA Tour Canada in 2017, but it was also far from the results needed to move up to the Korn Ferry Tour.

A full 2018 season on PGA Tour Latinoamerica, in which Hamilton captured a solo second in Ecuador and a T6 in Argentina, was better but still short of graduation.

Now in his third year and still at the same station where he started — golf’s Double-A level — the 25-year-old is understanding the challenges that come with being a tour pro.

“I truly thought it would be a lot easier than it is,” admitted Hamilton, prior to the start of the 2019 Mackenzie Tour season. “When you graduate and turn professional, you realize that guys are just so good. And to get to the highest level you’ve got to be working extremely hard, making a lot of sacrifices day-in and day-out. It’s probably taken a lot longer than I thought to really get off the ground. But all of the ups and downs I believe are shaping me to where I’ll be eventually.”