Tulsa leading UCF

Easy to grow sitting on a couch…

How do you know the team is sitting on a couch?

Haha. Is it warm?

Usually operate a bend don’t break defense. They added some new wrinkles but still give up points. They took advantage of situational football and pulled off the upset. I’m not sure why people here are panicking strictly on optics. Tulsa is like any other team we’ve played on the schedule outside of Oklahoma, beatable. The question is whether the Coogs can put it together.

2 Likes

One thing for sure is that our team with all those transfers sitting out, the injuries, lack of depth, red-shirts, etc. is playing hard and seemingly getting better each week. With three left to play, any win is a plus.

But next year, with injuries healed up, transfers eligible, red shirts eligible, added depth, and a lot of current player game ecxperience, look out!

Remember wuat UCF did (recently) after going 0-12.

1 Like

Just shows that this is the strongest year in the AAC, top to bottom. We picked a tough year to be shorthanded.

4 Likes

Maybe the most competitive year, but honestly, I do not see any really good teams in our conference.

The best I have seen is Cincy and we saw what Ohio State did to them. I expected them to get beat as Ohio State is really good, but Cincy couldn’t even compete with them in any shape or form.

2 Likes

Agreed. No one is truly separating themselves from the pack. Lot of toss up games that leave people scratching their heads.

1 Like

I agree that we probably won’t win another game this year. Actually, If there’s one game that might be close it’s next weeks against Memphis. Yes, they’re better but we always play them tough and we’re playing at home. I don’t see how we beat Tulsa on the road given the way their offense is playing and the fact that we’re rotating so many fresh faces in and out of the game. And their defense is pretty good too. Think about it… no Mulbah Car, just back up running back’s with lots of young players on the field playing their 4 games before redshirting,

1 Like

That’s why you lace em up!!

Won’t patrick Carr and Porter be back for Memphis?

The conference isn’t good.

1 Like

You’re right. It isn’t.

It’s excellent.

2 Likes

Lol

I repeat: This is the strongest this league has been TOP TO BOTTOM. Sure, I doubt any team here would beat the 15 Coogs or the 17 UCF Golden Knights. But aside from UConn, every team is competitive, and most of the teams are pretty good.

By the way, they should all be good next year too. Milton comes back to UCF. Ridder at Cincy is only a sophomore. USF will have a new coach who (hopefully) won’t underachieve like Strong has. And ECU is starting to put it together. In the West, aside from Navy’s QB and Tulane’s, all the rest of the key skill players seem to be underclassmen (White at Memphis, Buechele at SMU). No more easy wins in conference.

4 Likes

Each year more and more AAC guys get drafted. The mark of a good conference. A couple of years ago, more AAC players drafted than B12.

2 Likes

Wait till bowl season. It’s easy to claim supremacy when beating up on each other. Not sold on any particular team outside of Cincy. Top 25 teams dont let Tulsa push them to 3 OT. Top 25 teams don’t let two true freshmen at ECU put up 51 points! No one plays defense well and its showing. Bowl season matchups will be telling.

3 Likes

I’m basing my opinion on non conference play. Tulsa is 3-7, but they beat Wyoming, one of the best teams in the Mountain West, and won at San Jose, who’s a decent MWC team. SMU beat TCU, Tulane beat Army, Memphis beat Ole Miss, UCF stomped Stanford, Cincy beat UCLA, Temple beat Maryland, etc, etc. Granted, none of those are playoff teams, but G5s aren’t supposed to beat P5s with regularity, and it’s happening more and more in the AAC.

2 Likes

Bowl games don’t matter anymore. They are rewards for the season. There is generally one team in a bowl game that is dealing with the following:

1.) Coaches have left and a position coach is running the show with grad assistants coaching in coordinator and position coaches roles.
2.) Players expected to be drafted are more and more starting to sit out of bowl games.
3.) Playing in a bowl they feel where they feel they deserve more and so motivation is lacking. Example: Georgia versus Texas last year in the Sugar Bowl
4.) Coaches using the time more for development of the younger players versus game planning for the bowl game. (see 2 & 4 above)

The measuring stick from year to year is at the in season non-conference schedule. This is when games can mean the difference between being ranked or not ranked.

3 Likes

Bowl games don’t matter. Lol

I’d say they matter to at least one team in every bowl game. The one kicking ##.

And by that logic the season rankings should end before bowl season. See 1-4 above.