Tulsa power washing Temple

Damn! Didn’t see that coming. Up by 18 at the half. Temple literally cannot hit the backboard or the rim. Still iffy if they can hit the floor.

1 Like

That is very surprising I’m not watching it but wow. Every dog has it’s day.

I don’t know if a blowout by Tulsa is good or bad for the AAC.

1 Like

Temple shooting 18% from the field right now. Yuck!

1 Like

Well if Temple loses tonite they are really going to come out hard against the Cougars.

5 Likes

That’s my fear Everything they’ll throw up on Tuesday nite will go im

1 Like

Tulsa is playing really good defense, holding Temple to 34% shooting.I worry about Temple getting hot as well. Our defense & rebounding has been our most consistent assets so far, hope that will make a difference.

1 Like

26 point beat down. Wow. Maybe Tulsa is just takin this conference stuff seriously. And if you take a stroll down Temple’s schedule you’ll see they haven’t played a dead man’s schedule.

2 Likes

Or maybe Temple thought they could just show up and beat a Tulsa. I preferred Temple getting an easy win before hosting UH. Tuesday may be a dogfight.

2 Likes

And the trip to Tulsa after Philly just got more interesting. And then SMU at the 'titta the following Wednesday? This conference is tough. Glad we won’t see UCF again in the regular season [Jarreau and #12 need to stay in separate states after tonight]

1 Like

Temple is and has been a soft program.
Road wins are going to he tough in this conference and Temple found out tonight.
We.can get a big jump on this conference by winning the next 3 games.
Then see what we have at WSU

Tulsa zone defense will be a problem for us. I do not believe we are a good shooting team and we do not have the high level of slashers to make the difference but if Fabian stays in the middle of the zone and do his magic that will be the game changer.

1 Like

Bad.

3 Likes

Well I agree now that Cincy put Tulsa in the 2nd tier again. Note: I’m of the opinion that there will come a day that being in the 2nd tier in the AAC won’t be a terrible thing.

1 Like

Yeah. The most important thing to the committee is good wins. The more the better. After that next most important is avoiding bad losses.

There was almost no chance that Tulsa is going to be a good win or a bad loss or going to get to the NCAAs (tourney credits for the conference). So win or lose to them, if their profile is a bit better that doesn’t really move the needle all that much either way.

However, we don’t want the Temple win to no longer be good, and unfortunately it’s looking like that will be the case now with their loss to Tulane as well. Also, it’s good for the conference if they make the tourney, and it’s looking like that’s not a great bet after today.

2 Likes

And SMU goes down to ECU.

It’s a crazy league and we are living in crazy times…we simply aren’t going to be blowing folks out on their home courts, so you might as well get used to these nail biters.
That said, go out and take care of business in the second half Coogs

1 Like

Pretty much the way it is. They didn’t do the last part today.