UCLA $18.9 million deficit

Cool.

And that is related to UH how?..

2 Likes

:unamused:

Because its a prevailing thought on this board is that if UH is invited to a P5 conference it will fix the athletic departments financial issues. UCLA is proof that you could still mess that up if you make poor decisions on coaches and it affects attendance donations and so on.

3 Likes

Plus its a huge public school in an urban environment. UCLA and UH have a lot in common.

3 Likes

It’s the offseason, chill out

10 Likes

I’ve always felt if there was one school that we should compare ourselves against it’s UCLA. Other than being in the state school system, UC, we are very similar.

Chip Kelly has not worked out as well as they had hoped.

1 Like

I take the article as some evidence of the PAC’s need to expand in the next four or five years, and that may affect UH. Interesting reading.

2 Likes

I’ve said it before. If the PAC 12 (or any other P5 conference) were interested in expansion with G5 schools, it would have happened already. If the PAC 12 does expand East of the Rocky Mountains, it will be to include flagship state schools, as was the case in 2010.

The only thing that I know will expand in this decade is the CFP. The CFP has already dwarfed everything else in the sport. Going to eight will give enough slack so that the PAC 12 will send at least one team per year.

Maybe. We’re all just speculating.

And I’m sure they’d prefer a big, state flagship, but who would that be? They’d covet Texas or OU. But I’d have a hard time seeing either of them moving west at this point.

What other big flagship will get the PAC more TV sets than Houston if those two are excluded?

I don’t know what will happen, but I guarantee UH will be in the conversation. That’s why we’ve sunk a boatload of money into facilities and coaching.

2 Likes