UH Coaching Changes Coming?

Hermans mind set changes were all smoke and mirrors. It became more evident when he went to Texas. Getting off the bus with a baseball bat and a huge fake diamond around his neck was all gimmick.

Yes, he fooled us for a season and a half as is his character to do so. Doubts began when he had no answers to why he lost to UCONN, Navy and SMU. He had no answers at Texas either.

1 Like

She also said we don’t have a talent problem.

1 Like

Pleas check your inbox.

My question was directed to Acres. He is the one (among others) claiming we have a culture problem.

1 Like

Yeah the culture thing is questionable. I will say we don’t have a culture for the program as a whole regarding fan excitement. But winning is such a key ingredient. Without those w’s the feeling is not good. Fans get lethargic and irritable. That happens everywhere.

I think we had more of an experience and development problem last season. That, coupled with the up and down COVID problems and injuries, prevented any kind of rhythm. I believe we have young talent that will make our OL a lot better when they develop.

2 Likes

I live out of town and still buy my season tix and coordinate my group of season ticket holders, even though I typically can only make one home game per season, because I love my alma mater
 But CDH needs to start winning this season; especially against our conference. Idk what he needs to win now, but hopefully he figures it out.

I did not exclusively define the current culture“bad” as indicated.

Regardless, an administrator (read 
 head coach) should outline a certain set of standards, protocols, procedure within which team activities are gauged or measured. From academics to practices, games to recreation, media relations and so forth. These protocols should be proven pathways to success and adaptable to the most challenging issue a program may face.

This is my definition of culture. A set of standards exemplified and executed perfectly by our basketball program.

In his tenure here, Tom Herman’s relentlessly emphasis on mental / physical toughness, aggressive practices, relentlessly media presence, drove this programs to its highest ranking and respectability since B Yeoman.

Case Keenum’s built a stadium and a program solely from his sheer will, toughness and brilliance.

We have fallen from Jack Boyz
 to “I can’t coach this shirt”. A coaching staff so perplexed at its own team during games , that you actually wonder if they had coached a different team in practice.

At 7-13, this program is heading in the wrong direction. Hopefully CDH will right this ship and set it on course to greatnesses.

That was too long

8 Likes

A former player mentioned that Levine’s practices were very lax. When Herman came, everything was structured and intense and got the best out of those players.

1 Like

Yes I agree although I spoke with a player under Levine after they fired him and he was all in on Levine.

Herman got their attention because they had never been kissed by a coach most likely. He did a lot of other things while at Texas such as making players that didnt hydrate properly eat poorly prepared food (burnt toast, etc.) after they failed the “Pee Color Test”.

At UH he was able to do his smoke and mirrors stuff to get the players attention but it didnt last, thus the smoke and mirrors analogy.

He had his way of motivating players. That whole burnt toast stuff was just to instill the spirit of competition and the will to win come gameday. I strongly doubt we make a peach bowl under Levine in 2015. The players probably would have never imagined being able to reach that under him. Under Herman, who had seen a national championship, they were able to envision reaching even further than where they currently were. I get that you don’t like Herman and that the bitterness is there about us getting snubbed.

How dare you talk about the greatest recruiting architect in Coog history in such a manner.

The same recruiter who lost to Texas State and UTSA?

I began to doubt Herman way before he left us. During his press conferences it was clear he had no idea why we lost to UCONN, Navy, or SMU. He had a deer in the headlights look when he tried to answer.

Further, it is clear he wasn’t a great coach as demonstrated by UT’s less than stellar record. If people are going to hate on CDH for our losses then Herman gets the same treatment as a head coach. If he was such a great motivator, why isnt he still head coach at UT?

He really isnt that great of a human being.

1 Like

Psshhh whatever
 Herman was the greatest human being in the history of human beings we peons can only hope to maybe bask in his glorious shadow one day. ALL HAIL OUR LORD AND SAVOR TOM HERMAN!!!

3 Likes

Was he supposed to have a perfect record during his time here? When is the last time that has happened at UH anyways? (Genuinely curious) I don’t hate the guy. He made a decision to move onto a better situation. If I’m offered a better job with more pay, I probably take it too. Honestly, I have moved on from it. I don’t care anymore. I just don’t think Levine could have done what Herman did with THAT specific 2015 team. He took that specific talent and brought out the best in them, while managing to excite our fanbase and fill our stadium. That’s all I’m saying. I don’t care about the other stuff.

2 Likes

David Owen Brooks was very cordial when I met him. I don’t care about the other stuff . . . . .

1 Like

Herman showed his total lack of class by reaching out for other head coaching jobs during Season One at the university which gave him his first opportunity to be a head coach.

4 Likes

I never said he should have had a perfect record. That was not my point. My point is he was’t as good of a coach as we all thought. Losing to UCONN but beating Oklahoma is what is curious. He couldn’t explain it which means he didnt know what was happening himself. As the head coach he shouldn’t have made excuses which he began to do in earnest at Texas. Tell us what went wrong and how he intended to fix it but instead he had no clue, that was apparent.

“Winning is hard, really really hard” is not a satisfactory answer to your fan base and probably demoralizing to the team itself.

If he was such a good coach he would still be at Texas, that is the fact.

You seem to think that one season of 2015 somehow erases everything else about him, not so. Did I enjoy that season, sure. Could another coach have done the same thing with that team, most likely.

1 Like