UH Football and the QB

Then we have a 5 star QB who can’t get it together. He also set records in High School.

High School success does not always equate to college success.

King should start because the season and it’s goals are lost for the year. Let’s look to next year and see what we have in King as a QB. If he kills it great. We have found our QB this season will end with positives and we can go forward. If not then we can keep him in the slot and Bryson Smith and Chance Amie if he stays committed can duke it out next year.

But it looks like it’s time to look towards the future

a 5star qb who was built for a traditional or passing offense…i dont think that 5star is bad at all…i just think if we use him we have to change our offense around…he doesnt fit what we want…

and allen didnt set records in high school, he was acclaimed from camps where, he dominated the rivals and elite 11 camps…he was only a 4star till he went there and there were talks of not seeing a qb as good as him since luck …his high school team had no talent and his stats were good but not record setting

king stats his senior year (and note:his junior year was better): 43 tds, 5int (another 10tds on the ground)…allens senior year: 29tds: 10ints (3 on the ground)

1 Like

allen or king…give both an opportunity …allen still has years of eligibility…we just have to change it up to fit him

Also High School football in Texas is more closely associated to the type of offense we are trying to run. xsmith who do you think should be the starter and why?

They won’t start King to “look towards the future.” They’ll start him only if they think he can help them win the next game. That’s how coaches think, good or bad. It’s their livelihoods on the line. The chancellor herself said 8 wins won’t cut it here anymore.

2 Likes

I remember when she said that. right now, we can’t seem to do anything right defensively. Tulsa ran all over us in the 2nd half and Memphis threw all over us. USF could do both.

Right now, I hope we beat ECU. Not looking good vs the others…Unless our A game is played in both halfs.

I’ve already said this like a million times. Postma should be the starter. He may turn the ball over as much as Allen, but when the play breaks down he can buy time. Postma also wouldn’t appear like a dear in the head lights like a true sophomore quarterback (who’s really a wr at this point); he also has more experience with facing the speed of the D1 game. If it was that easy, true freshmen would be starting left in right in college football; taking it a step further, those true freshmen would be lighting the college football world on fire, yearly. Not a lot of teams are successful on offense starting true freshmen, it they are they have another element of the team to make up for the freshman QB’s short comings. Do we have any of those? Not at the moment. Stick with Postma, or don’t raise your expectations of King too high if we start him and he struggles.

Ward came in a sophomore with spending most time as a wr and we all know what He accomplished. King may have some struggles but we will never know because they are going to ride Postma unless He gets hurt. I just agree with Pesik at this point we do not have anything to lose with giving King a shot.

At this point there is no harm in giving King a shot at the controls.

1 Like

Wards sophomore season o’korn was 2-3 to start the season, was benched in favor of ward who went 6-2 under Levine his first season playing qb. I’m not sure how good king is but I do know a qb like postma that is averaging more than 2 turnovers for every touchdown will not be successful. It’s just a fact. Show me another qb in America that has that kind of td to turnover ratio and is successful and I’ll gladly change my opinion.

Postma definitely has trouble with fumblitis, which I didn’t observe until this season. I knew he would throw some picks. Right now he is 2-2 as a starter. Would King be better? I don’t know.

With the exception of KP’s turnovers the offense played really well. This is the first game in which we can say we lost a chance to win because of his turnovers.

It would be wise to give King reps in practice so they can go to him if if KP can hold on to the ball. KA isn’t an option, I think we all know that.

Postma is a decent QB. He’s not great but he can run the offense and just needs to cut down on the TOs. He makes plays with his feet but misses some throws other QBs make. He probably gives this team it’s best chance to win right now, which is why he will probably remain the starter.

I wonder what’s up with Allen. Does he just not have the decision making skills or what? He sure can throw the ball.

KA never tried to excise the QB keep option. We had only hand off or pass with him in their.

And don’t forget Donnie McGraw dropped a touchdown pass in the end zone and we lost 7-0…one of our best teams ever…

https://twitter.com/scrambledrill/status/960876905988788224

sorry, I missed the 1st round part of that.

What do you mean by politics? King was our 3rd string quarterback because he had a torn meniscus. I don’t think there was any politics involved at all. It was about who was available and ready to go, and because of his injury he had virtually no reps a quarterback at all.

1 Like