UH tries to avoid slip-ups while fighting for NCAA berth

This was written before last night’s game.

Google Search Link: UH tries to avoid slip-ups while fighting for NCAA berth - Google Search

"That goes back to that old c-word ‘culture,’ " Sampson said. "Unless you have something in reserve that you can go back and touch … there are some things that are tangible, and then there are some things intangible. Culture is tangible, it really is. It’s being with the conditioning coach at 6 a.m. three days a week in the gym. It’s conditioning four days in September for five straight weeks. It’s those three-hour practices in October, November and December when there’s no excuses allowed.

“You learn to battle through things. I think you have to earn the right to be able to come back from adversity. It doesn’t happen because you are talented. Talent has nothing to do with it.”

Biggest 6 game stretch in a decade. 4 of last 5 on the road. RealtimeRPI has UH going 1-5.

1 Like

Wow, that’s pessimistic

I’ve got my own Realtime RPI and I have us going 6-0. :sunglasses: I know…I know…I’m a nut…I’m color blind with my scarlet red and white sunglasses…but I still believe it’s possible, it’s doable, it’s going to happen!

Go Coogs. Peace.

3 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out about the UConn game. And LOL RealtimeRPI has corrected it now and has UH going 3-3 and 22-8 overall.

4-2 should get the team in. They’re going to beat ECU and UConn. Just need to squeeze out 2 more. Knock Cincy off and I think they’d be a big time lock unless they fell apart after and closed 2-4 or worse ending behind Temple and UCF in conference play (which is a doubtful scenario). @ SMU is shaping up to be a big game.

IMHO, The AAC should be at least a 4 bid conference. Cincy & Witchita St are locks. UH should get in going 3-3…4-2 (23-7) makes it a lock IMHO. Temple is also making a strong case lately having won 5 in a row (7 of last 8) and sporting a 15th ranked SOS.

1 Like

Agree that 4-2 with one of those being Cincy should punch our dance ticket. With the somewhat likely scenario of 4-2 with a loss to Cincy and @ Temple or SMU it’s probably starting to get a little bit dicier and we may need a win in the conference tourney and could especially get hurt with a somewhat bad loss in the conference tourney like SMU had against us when they fell off the bubble, though I think there’s a good chance that would be enough. A lot will obviously depend on what the rest of the bubble teams do as well.

1 Like