UH v BYU Moved to Friday For National Television

2 Likes

The alcohol and caffeine sure won’t be flowing in Provo that night.

2 Likes

Wanted to go so bad to that game but my daughter is getting married the next day! Was pissed when I found out that the BYU game was that weekend

My wife and I joined another couple to the roadie last time in Provo. Got there early, toured the Mormon Temple in Salt Lake, and got a surprise tour of the Stadium (courtesy of an over zealous Greeter…) prior to the game. I think we lost by 5, as badly as we played, so I hope we can win this one…

Still trying to decide whether to make BYU or WSU roadie…

That happened to me when my daughter got married in 2006 the day of our game with Miami. But, the logistics of getting the church and the reception site aligned is not as simple as it sounds. Her wedding was at Moody Methodist in Galveston because our pastor the whole time she was in elementary, junior High and high school had been moved there a couple of years earlier. Fortunately the San Luis Resort is only a block away and that’s where the reception was. After the wedding, we were going into the ball room for the reception and passed the lounge in time to see only one play – the fumble on about the Miami 5.

However, during the daughter - daddy dance, Julie said, “Daddy, this is the happiest day of my life.” That made everything worth it and if I had to do it over I would in a heartbeat. I think you will find that on that day, the UH game will not matter nearly as much as you may think now. I must admit though, that when asked, “Who gives this woman?” I wanted to say, “Nobody, you can’t have her without a fight.” But, I said the standard “Her mother and I do.”

6 Likes

Hard to win there.

3 Likes

Excellent post Mike. Have married off two daughters, 1 still left to go, and there is just nothing that compares to it. Except maybe the day they were born. Go Coogs!

1 Like

Enjoy these moments Bandera. You’ll remember them long after you forget who won our game with a BYU.

1 Like