Uniforms for Grambling game

Maybe the black trim is doing suggestive trickery with our minds…making it look like Oklahoma State

2 Likes

Doesn’t hurt to go retro every now and then.

The helmets are ballsy!!!

Love the old logo on the helmet…

3 Likes

Man, the only thing better than a regular uniform thread is an IN-SEASON uniform thread. :grinning:

Those look sharp.

1 Like

I don’t think I’m going to the game even though I’ve had season tickets for years… I’m not to enthused with CDH right now…common man it’s Grambling…and the band is great!!

2 Likes

My biggest complaint about these uniforms is that we are wearing these playing Grambling where literally no one will see them.

This is one of our sharpest looking kits(I know that’s British, but I like it) in years and it’s debut is in the dark? Who let that happen?

6 Likes

The uniforms are nice but I wish we’d stop adopting so many different uniforms and stick with a look. It would build tradition and give the program a common identity.

Bring back the Yeoman era unis!

2 Likes

That’s fine for Bama, but it doesn’t hurt to try the Oregon model.

1 Like

The same Oregon that has some of the most puke worthy uniforms ever created (though some good ones to be fair).

Yeah most people love new uniforms. “Tradition” is the old times. People don’t want to see the same old same old, it’s why Sampson gets us new uniforms every year.

1 Like

I like mixing it up. Every once in a while I would like the classic Scarlet with the skinny. This meshes both past and present.

I heap kudos on whomever dared to risk it. We didn’t fight our way into the B12 being wallflowers.

Also think its brilliant finding a way to get Houston and Cougars on the same uniform.

3 Likes

They look like Oklahoma State.

4 Likes

Uniforms worn have zero bearing on winning. We’re not Bama and we’re not uta. If we want to attract recruits, we do it by any means. That means having cool uniforms from time to time.

There are a ton of recruits that never would have went to Eugene if it wasn’t for their uniforms and nike. They figured it out.

4 Likes

I would love for UH to become the new Oregon with regards to uniforms.

Athletes want to look good in uniform.

2 Likes

I guess I’ll be the dissenter here – I don’t like 'em. I get that they’re an ancient throwback, but they’re dated, rather than classic. I’ve never been a fan of the tiny thin UH logo, and the enormous block numbers in an awful font make it look like a high school practice jersey. They’re okay as a kitschy one-time thing, but please never again.

The different uniforms are for the players. Blame Oregon for this.

I like them. I like the white with the contrasting red and blue. I like the larger take on the skinny logo. Neat.

I know the kiddos love the white helmets but I don’t. Everything else is good though. I love the big Houston on the front.

2 Likes

I’m not a kiddo, but the White Helmets are the best. I love the all white kits for road games.

2 Likes