USF wants to build a $200 million football stadium

USF probably should have never been in the Big East, but the conference wanted to replace Miami to maintain a presence in Florida and USF was the best choice. They are still a relatively young program in a very blasé sports city with limited reach due to where they are located. UCF probably would have been the better choice if the Big East had to do it over, but their program was even younger when the Big East made their move and, with UF just up the road, probably the riskier choice of the two at the time.

I remember not too long ago usf was ranked number 2 in the polls and all the espn talking heads called them the next “Miami”. They did very well in the big East from what I remember.

That was in 2007. They fell quickly after getting that high.

Very well is relative. They went 56-45 overall and 22-34 in conference. To be fair, they were pretty bad the last 2 years which skews the conference record. They were 20-22 taking them out. They were ranked in 4 different seasons but never finished the season ranked. They always seemed to fall apart in conference play and never finished higher than 3rd.

1 Like

The first article did not list UH game as a loss last year.

2007…the year everyone that was #2 fell every week…I can’t see 2007 happening again…but if it ever repeat…it will be a fun year!

1 Like

Either USF plans to use the facility for 600 other things besides football or they are “special”.