Very Interesting QB Comment by Dana

I really just can’t believe Tune is still in the mix… It’s mind bottling!

6 Likes

Tune reminds me of O’Korn now but we don’t seem to have a Greg Ward Jr who can come in and be clearly better.

3 Likes

Reminds me of Kyle Allen… Looks like prototypical QB but can’t see coverage underneath and throws picks into the same coverage… Repeatedly.

2 Likes

Ike should start this week. There’s no reason not to at this point. If he plays well, we could have a QB controversy on our hands.

3 Likes

I will always advocate for an individual to do look out for, and act in, what they determine is in their own best interests. They will have to live with those choices long after football, and how it effects any one of us is meaningless.

So yeah if he’s not looking out for what he thinks in his opinion are his best interests then he is doing himself a disservice.

Allen only played 3 games. Hard to compare him to anyone on just that…and hell one of the games he was 31 of 33!

2 Likes

He’s the veteran QB and he has all the physical tools. I get it. Some guys look really good in practice and understand the offense really well, but just can’t handle live game situations the way you expect. But I don’t think it sends a good message if a coach is constantly pulling a QB for mediocre performance if there isn’t an obvious replacement. It puts undue pressure on the other QBs that aren’t necessarily ready to take on that role anyway, and it means the offense has to constantly adjust to new leadership.

Still, if Ike plays and has an amazing game Saturday you have to consider the change.

“QB X will transfer to somewhere he can start since he can’t break into the top 3 here.”

So they will give up after a season or two and go FCS? With the portal how it is now, Tune is the only QB on the roster who would be promised a starting spot by an FBS team and there wouldn’t be many. I don’t get the predicting guys will transfer when they have more eligibility than the players in front of them and nothing to show to be handed a job anywhere else.

1 Like

Trying to remember back to when we recruited Massoud. I seem to remember him being a fantastic athlete. Maybe he’s not interested in switching positions, but if he were open to it, we can always use more athletes in the receiving core. Of course, I have no idea if he can catch, but it would be nice to find out.

1 Like

I laugh at the forum too. No one who DOES NOT attend all the practices and meetings knows anything. I know some on here talk like they know people on the inside and that’s fine, but I doubt even insiders would tell everything they know.

5 Likes

You have nothing to base your input on. Does every player on the roster not getting PT need to think about leaving? How does a team build depth? How do players develop? Just in game? You are saying the system where guys earn minutes is too much for these players. Does two years in the program entitle our players to PT? Football really has changed if so

5 Likes

Red80 and 2002Coog are right. Massoud was considered a fantastic athlete, but not overly recruited as a QB. Both of his parents were athletes at UH, which was why he moved down from NYC to begin with. Hopefully he stays and becomes an incredible QB, WR, or dback.

1 Like

Kopp is an 18 year old true freshman…He is NOT going to play, and people need to stop all this nonsense about him transferring…He will spend this year getting comfortable in the system and next year will compete for the starting job…He is a top notch QB prospect…

What if Ike starts against Navy and does really well, do you start him at Tulsa.

2 Likes

If your asking Coogfans the answer is yes

2 Likes

Have you forgotten the great debate when Ward had a horrific game against Memphis and Postma came in and saved the day with a great comeback win?
Ward was a good fit for Herman’s offense but don’t act like he didn’t have bad outings.
Postma started the next game in the loss to lowly UConn but Ward did come off the bench.
Ward had the IT factor, but that Memphis game showed how fickle and brutal folks on this board can be

2 Likes

Ego? After watching the guy that is supposedly better than you stinking it up nearly every game he has played and the head coach still makes him the starting QB and to make matters worse he buries you in the depth chart, it is extremely disheartening to say the least for all of the other guys. The fact that Tune couldn’t play any worse as a starting QB but he still has complete control of the QB position shows just how frustrating it is for all of the other guys and how wrong Holgorsen’s coaching system is. We are talking about a head coach and a QB that have yet to win a single signature game within the 2.5 years that they have been here and all of their wins are against terrible to mediocre teams. Also, in Horlgorsen’s case, he has over twice as many losses as he does wins so anything he says carries very little weight. Frankly, maybe the truth is completely the opposite of what he says, the QB’s that he doesn’t put much stock in are actually better than the QB’s that he raves about! Who knows based on the fact that he still thinks Tune is his best QB on the team!

1 Like

Wait a minute, to start a QB that plays well over a QB that plays poorly is a controversy? No wonder this team is messed up!

1 Like

Did anyone see Massoud play in High School?

My Grandson is a Band Senior at The Woodlands, Have watched their games against Bridgeland and Katy. The Bridgeland QB is good and is an A$M verbal.

How did Massoud look in High School? I saw video last year of Kopp. He can really throw it. Big arm and an Athlete who also started for his Basketball team. Was Massoud that good?

Or is Massoud potentially another Bryson Smith? Is he fast enough?

1 Like

Massoud was a Rutgers commit then came here.