Very Interesting QB Comment by Dana

Who knows? Just watch this video (The first one on the site) and see it for yourself. Just by watching his highlights I see a QB that is ideally suited to playing for a team with poor offensive line as all of his completions are made under duress as his o-line routinely failed to block for him, but despite that he still managed to escape sacks and get the ball to his receivers. Isn’t the entire argument for the Tune-excuse makers is that he is forced to play with a bad o-line? Well, Massoud would never use that as an excuse as his highlight reel reveals a QB that is extremely mobile and very capable at throwing the ball accurately while on the run. But we would never know how effective he can be playing at the college level for our team as this head coach is extremely determined to prove what people think of his starting QB wrong.

Massoud and Kopp are freshmen. Both have four full years to play after this.

Holman has actual game experience even though he’s only been here since the summer.

Ike has been here the longest.

Is the fact that Ike is second QB up and Holman is third that tough of a pill to swallow?

Some people are only happy when they’re unhappy.

4 Likes

Charlie brewer is available now

2 Likes

I don’t care if they are a freshman or senior. You start the best QB that is most likely to win you games, period! This isn’t a government job at the social security office. Plenty of teams have played freshmen and shined!

2 Likes

Ooops! Here is Massoud’s highlights (Watch the first video):

1 Like

Ward got injured.
And when he stepped in for postma at uconn it was for three plays while they checked postmas injury. Ward couldn’t even backpeddle so he took long snaps. I wouldn’t say that is ‘struggling’. He was crippled.

6 Likes

And apparently that’s not either of the freshmen.

1 Like

On that video Massoud looked terrific!

Thus a mystery. How could Holman beat him out in only 6 weeks?

Is it possible that Holman is the luck-out find of the decade?

And where is your evidence? Tune’s 4 INT’s per game? Show me a video of their terrible college games.

I saw Coach Yeoman bench Senior starter Ken Bailey for redshirt Sophomore Gary Mullins.

Bailey had started 12 games over 2 seasons. Had tied both UT and Georgia in their stadiums. Had helped run up 100 points on Tulsa.

His sin? Interceptions.

Tune is like that. Does many great things, But throws interceptions.

I predict Tune is our Ken Bailey. Will not start again,

Ike, then Holman will play. And maybe Massoud.

2 Likes

Yes he got injured on the final series of the first half as Memphis beat him up pretty good. But the next game against UConn he did play in the second half.
Not cutting down Ward at all but there are reasons he is a receiver in the league.
Loved Ward and the 2015 season but pointing out how some Coog fans can turn on you quickly.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Massoud have expressed his frustration with Holgorsen about not getting a chance to prove himself and Holgorsen did not like that. I watched a TV show in which Joe Montana has revealed that he was about to transfer away from Notre Dame to another school and only after he finally told his head coach about that fact would the head coach finally told him he would get his chance to prove himself the following year. That was the only reason Joe decided to stick around another year at Notre Dame, otherwise he would have left the program. Joe said he was tired of riding the bench, especially since he knew in his heart he could play better than the guy that was ahead of him.

1 Like

OK it was just a highlight film, but he outran the entire defense on one play. Played calm under pressure.
Etc.???

I don’t think Tune is on the same level as Bailey nor do I think he is in the same situation as Bailey. Not as talented and his record isn’t as impressive as Bailey’s either, which only makes Holgi’s determination to stick with him only more frustrating and puzzling.

3 Likes

Tune definitely not as good as was Bailey.

Just saying that any QB can, and should, be benched for turnovers.

Jillions on this Board have correctly pointed out Tune’s turnover problems

Dana has his chance to finally bench him. His injury is the perfect excuse.

Onto Dana’s comments. Holman almost became our second QB last week. He must be something. Ike has been here for years. Massoud for 2 seasons, and for weight and conditioning work.

Holman just shows up and becomes nearly #2 in only 6 weeks.

Would love to see Holman play next Saturday!

Look at this guy’s highlights:

Good background tunes…

2 Likes

Holman played at a JUCO and has a lot of starts under his belt at a higher level. When Holgo jr transferred out, I believe we added Holman to replace him so we had experienced depth if Tune went down. While you can start a freshman or sophomore QB, I think the approach is to build depth in that position.

Can almost see him in a Cougar uniform now…

1 Like

At least his highlight vid is against AAC teams, not HS.

1 Like

Who said anything about Kopp transferring? I simply said he wasn’t 3rd string. Stop putting words in other people`s mouths.