Vesely Adds Turner to Coaching Staff

“I am excited to add Demi to our staff,” Vesely said. “She is a proven player and an All-American second baseman from her time at Alabama who will bring championship experience and competitiveness to our staff. Her fiery personality fits our style of play, and she will have an immediate impact working with our slapper and infield.”

Turner comes to Houston from Alabama where she was a four-year letterwinner at second base from 2015-18. With the Crimson Tide, she competed in the NCAA postseason all four years including berths in the Women’s College World Series in 2015 and 2016.

Across her career, she was named NFCA Third-Team All-American (2015), three-time NFCA First-Team All-Region (2015, 2017, 2018), Second-Team All-SEC (2015) and SEC All-Freshman Team (2015) selection.

She finished her career ranked eighth all-time in program history in batting average (.383), also finishing fifth in triples (11) and seventh in sacrifice hits (32).

Turner was named to the SEC Academic Honor Roll all four years and graduated in August with a degree in human performance in exercise science.

Turner also has experience running camps at Alabama and served as an assistant coach on the Texas Impact Gold 18U team for three years.

1 Like

Turner replaces Sarah O’Brien who coached 1st base and gave out a ton of skittles last season.

Looks like Vesely has one more paid coaching spot to fill as Jessica Shults is no longer listed as an assistant. She recently tweeted that she’s moved into the private softball training world.

Just out of curiosity, are you implying that that was all she good for? Not trying to defend her since I don’t care one way or the other. I’m just curious what you mean by that statement.

1 Like

No, I didn’t mean anything by it and I apologize if that’s how it cane off. Just figured that if anyone came by, and watched the regionals, that’s how she was introduced.

Heard she was actually well-liked and did a good job. Think she’s heading to Montana now.

3 Likes

Okay, thanks for the explanation!

1 Like