Coogs have a chance to get back on track against two very beatable teams.
_• The Bulls enter Friday with a 5-9 conference record and 10-14 overall mark. _
• Senior Alex Mendoza ranks fourth in The American in assists per set (9.74), while junior Reagan Davey is fifth in service aces per set (0.29) and seventh in assists per set (9.06). Junior Clara Payne sits eighth in blocks per set (1.08). Junior Maria McLamb leads the team in digs per set (3.78), while freshman Doris Carter leads the team in kills per set (2.60).
• Houston swept USF on Oct. 22 inside Athletics/Alumni Center.
• The Bulls are in their sixth season under 15-year Head Coach Courtney Draper.
• USF was picked sixth in The American Preseason Coaches’ Poll.
• The Knights, who host Tulane on Friday, are 6-8 in league play and 13-13 overall on the season.
• UCF ranks fourth in The American in hitting percentage (.227).
• Redshirt seniors Taylor Wickey and Kia Bright rank second and fourth in the league in hitting percentage (.364) and kills per set (3.80). Wickey also leads the team in blocks per set (1.02), while junior Jordan Pingel holds the top mark in digs per set (4.15), ranking seventh in The American. Setters Erin Olson and Miranda Watkins average 5.67 and 5.59 assists per set, respectively, in UCF’s 6-2 system.
• Houston defeated UCF, 3-1, on Oct. 20 inside Athletics/Alumni Center.
• Head Coach Todd Dagenais is in his 10th year at the helm of the Knights.
• UCF was tabbed fifth in The American Preseason Coaches’ Poll.