Way Too early preason polls

Tramon Mark is ready to step for him if he does decide to leave. Man that looks extremely salty.

https://twitter.com/3MW_CBB/status/1241818479659036674

4 Likes

Loses all credibility by including smu !

1 Like

I donā€™t know about that.

SMU split their 2 games with UH this past year and they had no seniors on their team. Also, they placed three (3) players on the AAC All-Conference 3rd team - Kendric Davis (So), Tyson Jolly (Jr) and Isiaha Mike (Jr). - who all averaged greater than 14 points per game. By way of comparison, our leading scorer this past year was Caleb Mills at 13.3 points per game.

Kendric Davis is reportedly going to enter NBA Draft.

I am sure that he was being snarky.

This is 3 v 3 right? Playground stuff!

Iā€™d hate to play a 3v3, make it take game against the smu team that shot the ball at over 85% in the first half in Dallas.

Weā€™d lose that one just like we lost the 5v5 real game.

They are one more year past when Larry Brown left !!

1 Like

SMU had a HUGE travel advantage in their home game against us and still needed that lucky shot at the end to win.
That team lost the next game to Tulane then threw in the towel and Davis had one foot out the door.

Ya Kendrick was legit.

Houston kid right ? Smh

1. Houston Cougars

Houston never quite looked as good as the metrics pegged the Cougars, but Kelvin Sampsonā€™s team should be more consistent next season. Thereā€™s a chance all but one starter return, although DeJon Jarreau and Quentin Grimes could have NBA draft decisions to make. If both return ā€“ along with starter Nate Hinton and sixth man extraordinaire Caleb Mills (13.2 PPG) ā€“ Sampson will have the most talented quartet in the AAC by some distance. The Cougars also bring in ESPN 100 prospect Tramon Mark and Idaho transfer Cameron Tyson (13.5 PPG, 42.9% 3PT) to help on the perimeter. They will have to figure out the frontcourt, as there isnā€™t much proven behind Fabian White. Itā€™s hard to doubt Sampson at this point, though, as the Cougars have won 83 games the past three seasons and had a top-21 defense all three campaigns.

1 Like

Shead and Mark both make the Texas All State teams in their respective classifications. I canā€™t wait to watch these kids ball out next year!

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/TheHRReview/status/1242105125151354886?s=20

19. HOUSTON

• GONE : Chris Harris
  • COMING BACK : Quentin Grimes, Caleb Mills, Marcus Sasser, Nate Hinton, Fabian White, Justin Forham, Brison Gresham, Cedrick Alley
  • WAIT AND SEE : DeJon Jarreau
  • NEW FACES : Tramon Mark, Jamal Shead, Kiyron Powell
  • PROJECTED STARTERS : Marcus Sasser, Caleb Mills, Quentin Grimes, Nate Hinton, Fabian White

We all know that Kelvin Sampson can coach, and he will be bringing back a roster where his top six scorers were all underclassmen from a team that finished top 15 on KenPom. They are going to be loaded in the backcourt ā€” Kansas transfer Quentin Grimes might end up being their third or fourth best guard ā€” and there will be some veterans in their frontcourt. The Cougars look to be the favorite in the American.

4 Likes

Interesting to see so many have Grimes coming back. Before the Q-days (Q for Quarantine and not Quentin), it seemed like most thought he would declare for the draft again. I will be happy to see him return. It seems to be a common theme though with DeJon leavingā€¦

Iā€™m not sure about most. I think plenty of folks thought he could come back too over the last couple of months since he probably hadnā€™t elevated his draft positioning that much just based on the season and it could likely come down to whether he could really break out in the tourney and/or have great performances in individual workouts. Before the season started almost everyone had him going to the NBA, though.

What I think is kind of interesting is that the NBC preview is at least the second projecting Fabian to start at 5 and Nate to start at 4. Iā€™m not sure but I think Dauster takes his job seriously and does research. Rothstein is a little out there but he probably follows cbb closer than anyone else on the planet and has a good rapport with CKS.

Nate sure does rebound like a 4 and can hang in on d with the stretch 4ā€™s. I do like it periodically.

Under CKS system the bigs block out which is why the guards get so many rebounds.

And oh, Hinton ainā€™t starting at the 4 as the ā€œ know nothingā€ prognosticators are saying. Not meant as a comment on your post but rather the one before.

1 Like

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/2020-21-college-basketball-rankings-gonzaga-is-no-1-kentucky-no-2-in-never-too-early-top-25-and-1/?adobe_mc=TS%3D1585078703|MCMID%3D27173937575750954813144439752955939179|MCAID%3D2E33ACA405030E5F-60001196E00006FB|MCORGID%3D10D31225525FF5790A490D4D%2540AdobeOrg

#8 Houston 23-8

The Cougars could return the top six scorers from a team that shared the American Athletic Conference title and finished 14th at KenPom, which would make Houston the clearcut favorite in AAC. If Quentin Grimes and/or DeJon Jarreau decide to pursue a professional career, the ceiling will be lowered. But, for now, thereā€™s no reason to have Kelvin Sampsonā€™s team outside of the top 10.

13 Likes

We can win the chip no doubt.

1 Like

I truly believe we are a legit elite 8 contender.

Not saying that we canā€™t get to or win the ship.

2 Likes