We Fire Coaches that win 8 games

Really? If this is true, it’s certainly grounds for dismissal.

I have heard the same thing from many folks. Dana doesn’t work hard at all. Just shows up to do the “fun stuff” while his assistants figure it out for him.

2 Likes

Posting this UH1927 is a huge stretch. Now you need to come up with some tangibles evidence. I find it hard to believe for one reason.
Message board.
How easy is it to produce pictures and post them?
Everybody can “attack” a man or woman’s character but please do not do that without clear evidence. You do not strike me as someone that would like UH1927. I always enjoy your posts but please that one is over the line.
I do not know CDH. I know people that know him very well. Have worked/coached with him. They did confirm he is good friend with Tilman but how many friends Tilman has? Many.

3 Likes

I’m just sharing what my non UH friends have told me. They didn’t have to but the situation was so extreme they thought it was worth mentioning to me because they knew I was a big UH supporter. I did not bring up the subject or any connection to his past.

It was in their un-solicited words so please don’t kill the messenger.

I’m not the only one who has heard this.

In fact West Virginia media outlets ran articles on this subject when he got kicked out of many establishments.

It shouldn’t shock anyone that behavior, albeit tempered, continues while he is HC here.

Here is proof of past precedent so I DO believe them.

3 Likes

U of H needs Holgerson to be successful. Addition by subtraction does not always work with a head coach. If he is fired we now start a new process hoping for a better outcome. If he has a winning season and is finally putting the pieces in place he needs to stay. He has a life outside of football, let him live it. That changes if the wins are not there.
Seems there are a lot of people who live in “glass houses” on this thread.

1 Like

Exactly. You don’t become a successful businessman without making tough decisions that aren’t emotional, strictly business.

1 Like

Can we ban people who post this more than once? It was fun the first 20-50 times to roll that quote out but now it is just tired and lame.

6 Likes

Only six more W’s before we can him???

1 Like

I’m almost as tired of hearing this “8 game” line from our own fans as I am of hearing “Houston you have a problem” from others.

7 Likes

That was essentially what got Apple fired. But his was a slow drip.

Dana bled out in one day. Playing a stiff in 100 degree weather didn’t help.

2 Likes

8 games may not get one fired but this will If it continues…?

11 Likes

we aint making money with that crowd, not gonna lie, most of my crew wont come due to Holgy

2 Likes

Yup. It’s all about the $$$. Or, more precisely, the lack thereof.

Applebottom wasn’t fired because he only won 8 games. He was fired because there were no butts in the stands.

2 Likes

It was brutal at The Cage yesterday…and that’s being kind. Coogs have won last 2 games by a combined score of 89-7…yeah we all know who it was but still 89-7…with that and a 2-1 record and yet there is absolutely zero buzz about the program. No way can we go into B12 like this. No idea whats going on but doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see this dawg ain’t gonna hunt. Throw in fact that CDH isn’t a strong recruiter and it’s not a rosy outlook. Get a young, hard charger with the fire in his gut and let’s rock

11 Likes

That’s why not holding on to a 21-7 halftime lead over TT was a killer.

Had we won that game, we would be ranked and the buzz around the program would be completely different.

Thats on CDH. He’s yet to find a way to coach a full four quarters while HC at UH.

9 Likes

We wouldn’t be ranked but there’d be buzz.

Also, what is CDH doing about the crowds? Herman knew it reflected poorly on him and he bust his butt trying to win over kids. Sampson literally walks around with a pep band and introduces himself to students and invites them to attend.

9 Likes

I honestly don’t think Holgerson feels attendance is something he needs to concern himself with.

He is wrong big time.

14 Likes

Sumlin was pretty good at promoting - he used social media

3 Likes

Sumlin also visited classes. (I was still in school back then and he came to my business class to promote the football games)

And I’ve seen tweets with Herman doing similar stuff with the students.

4 Likes

I follow all sports and coaches and the athletic department on twitter and IG. Everything seems quieter and less splashy since we lost David Bassity to Atlanta. Has anyone else noticed that?

7 Likes