We're lucky that UNT is horrible

HBU ran up almost 600 yards of offense on them and would have won had they not missed so many 4th and goals and field goals.

SMU bullied them and easily ran up 60+. SMU had over 700 yard of total offense and their running rushed for about 250 yards and a few touchdowns. Buechele threw for almost 350 yards and a few TDs.

UNT’s defensive line was one of the worst I’ve seen this season and their quarterbacks literally lob the passes in the air.

Expect to win big next Saturday and our guys finally get some live reps against a tune-up (no pun intended) opponent.

I’m admittedly concerned about rust that typically comes on the 1st game so in a way, I’m glad it’s coming against UNT and not a stronger opponent.

4 Likes

We should remember our history. UH has turned losing to terrible team to an art form.

There are no easy games. None.

12 Likes

Never be over-confident! Never underestimate your opponent! Never think it’s an easy game, especially when you haven’t played since last year! Never ever do those things! Ever!

7 Likes

Exactly!!! Remember when UH lost at home vs Texas State in their home opener. Also the debacle we had when we open the cage years ago 🤦

3 Likes

Does anyone really, and I mean really, think that this game won’t get cancelled…I’m not buying tickets until the afternoon of the game.

2 Likes

It’ll amount to a nice pre-season scrimmage.

1 Like

You are exactly right HCNY. Friends please stop thinking that ANY game can be a walk over. Every athlete or team member will hammer the point that everybody has a chance. The moment you step on the field you have entered a different world. That is the world of producing NOW. What happened five minutes ago, two weeks ago or in your head is not relevant. A team becomes good, then very good then exceptional when you have complete control of what you do. You dictate the game and the opponent can not do anything about it. We have not played a game yet. Respecting the opposition is the first step that you must do to take that next step.
Coach Jenkins scoring 500 points on smu had nothing to do disrespecting smu. This was the exact opposite. He gave time to his players with the understanding to concentrate 100% on perfection.

2 Likes

UTSA and Texas State. We All remember. We also need to remember rhat we have a different coach, a much better offensive and defensive scheme, and different players. Trust me: We will be ready for this game. 4 extra weeks of practice they will be ready to beat someone up, don’t matter who the opponent is.

4 Likes

maybe till the teams hit the field. Nowadays even that is not a guarantee.

2 Likes

To add to what you said: We as fans believe we have the power to affect the outcome of the games. The players need to be ready and not take anyone for granted and the coaches need to instill that in them. The fans can take them lightly or not, but the players and coaches can’t.

1 Like

The storm will be long gone before next weekend…ONLY way this one gets cancelled is another COVID related issue.

UNT is not good…but comparing a CDH prepped team vs a Levine one, I’d bet heavy Coogs blowout

4 Likes

Not sure why we are lucky but yes I expect to go out and look like a good team which I believe we will be this season.

1 Like

Nvm

Are we sure UNT won’t bail out because of covid? Don’t be surprised.
:rage:

2 Likes

With the luck we’re having PAC teams will play before we do.

2 Likes

SMU jumped on them early. But that quarterback of theirs is the real deal. A team coming off 4-8 is in no position to take anyone lightly. Assuming we play that is.

Of course we aren’t sure, how can we be?