We've coined UH

https://twitter.com/ScooterMagruder/status/1270487404852457479

This guy posts alot of football related videos of fans reactions to games and team decisions. He asked whats the first university you think of with a list of letters and about 90% of 1k comments believe UH is University of Houston. Some think hawaii. I just want to say we are the only UH that stays relevant enough to coin the acronym and that means something from thousands of random fans.

8 Likes

I remember going to spring break in south padre in 1988 with my UH shirt and more than a dozen people I talked to though it meant Hawaii. Granted they were from northern schools but it still Boggled my mind.

Before I moved to Texas, I would have said Tennessee for UT and Miss. State for MSU, and Ole Miss for UM. I guess it makes a difference where one lives and people in SEC states focus on that conference, nobody else really matters.

2 Likes

Several people answered the same. Telling how truly regional CFB is…er, should be.

We literally have UH on our helmets and on all of our uniforms so I don’t know how anybody can claim UH represent them more than the University of Houston! UH is also our logo for crying out loud! I believe of all the schools in the world that could be represented by the UH initial, we are the largest.

Saw this last night. UH was so unanimously taken to represent Houston that “University of Houston” was the #3 trending topic city-wide (when I checked.)

3 Likes

UT: Univ of Texas
USC: Southern Cal
MSU: Michigan St
UM: Michigan
OSU: Ohio State
OU: Oklahoma
UH: Houston!

2 Likes