What can UH learn from the xfl roughnecks

Will be great to see Kenneth Farrow back on the field again this weekend even if it is with Seattle…

3 Likes

Getting upgraded wifi is part of the deal as well as the new turf & how the painted graphics that can be changed every event if need be.

I went to a rough necks game, the second home game. #1) It was extremely budget friendly, $25 bucks second row 10 yd line. Beers and hot dogs on the low end of stadium prices. Free metro ride in and out. #2) The lower bowl was full #3) Constant fan engagement. They had a game host like Lauren, but he was on literally every break in the action. They had a DJ. They had a Houston rapper at the game that played with the DJ. They were constantly showing the new rules and explaining them on the screen. #4) Most importantly IMO, I had zero expectations, and the team played exciting football on offense and defense. Lots of passing, forcing turnovers. But, mostly, zero expectations means you don’t get upset at every missed play. I think a lot of UH fans let their expectations get in the way of enjoying the football team.

1 Like

The crowds seem to be getting larger.

1 Like

G Farrow!

Given the size of the crowds, I cant help but think this will help UH attendance. Getting people used to going to TDECU is going to help.

3 Likes

I didn’t think I would watch the XFL. But I actually like it. The TV presentation is pretty cool. The quality if play is as good as D1 if not a little bit better.

3 Likes

I enjoy it , it’s way more entertaining than the nfl. The fans are there to enjoy themselves and have a good time. UH fans could learn from that…it seems many of us are there to bitch about play calling, second guess everything and buy prime season tickets but leave them empty …he k this even applies to basketball. We sell out but there is a plethora of empty seats in the Fertitta Center

2 Likes

The TV product is better than the NFL period.

4 Likes

The XFL is doing a lot of things right, the refs walked off the field and called the game with 2 seconds left, the officiating supervisor was fired. You’d never see that in the NFL. UH should be taking advantage of having this at their home stadium and have reps from the ticket office out there signing up season ticket holders as well have having announcements blasted in the stadium.

1 Like

reasonable priced tickets

Agree XFL is entertaining. It helps that roughnecks are undefeated. They are the best football in town.

I like the focus on offense and the rules allow for a team to rarely seem out of the game. A nine point deficit is only 1 TD from being tied. The after TD options makes the NFL PAT seem ridiculous and a time waster. It’s a league dominated by air raid, RPO, run/shoot. I’m not certain they would allow a defense heavy, 3 yards and cloud of dust offense in the league. Pretty fun stuff.

UH just hasn’t had an entertaining product to put out in a while. It’s a shame and a missed opportunity.

What was the attendance like at the game?

Apparently the offical count was 19K + but they also apparently had some scanner problems so it may have easily been 20k +

1 Like

It looked more like at least 22K with a lot of the second deck filled.

1 Like