What moment did you go, "THAT'S OUR QUARTERBACK!"

He also said UH ‘wouldn’t be breaking more records’…what a guy. Then UH won four total games in three years. Can you imagine that today???

2 Likes

We went to Dallas a day early. Played golf in North Dallas. Around about the 7th or 8th hole, the front blew in and the temp dropped. We quit around the 11th hole. Even with a rain coat on the cart, it was too darn cold to continue playing. My hands were freezing. Got up and made it to the Cotton Bowl in plenty of time for front row seats on the 50 yl. Later in the game, we moved down to the end zone and were eye ball witnesses the two memorable happenings. First, our QB had an open lane to run, but decided to pitch the ball instead. No first down and then punt, giving ND an opportunity to cash in on sorry officiating . . . . .forgot to mention, the return trip to Missouri City was over 8 hours. 100 miles of icy roads and we traveled about 5 to 10 mph for all of it. One instance occurred along the way home. Some where, in all of the ice, there was a gas station up on a hill side fronting I45. As we approached (I’m guessing we were on a feeder road) a car was exiting the station. I let off the gas, knowing the car I was in and the car exiting the station could not stop. I missed T-boning the other car by about 2 feet . . . . . Prayers work . . . . .

3 Likes

Mike my brothers and I were on RA’s bus #4 on the ND Cotton Bowl trip. We chipped ice off mid field seats to watch the game. Post game our bus went to bus depot to fill up with fuel. Brothers and I hit the Church’s chicken location across the street as they were closing and bought all we could. It took me years to defrost and thaw my body. And, yes, the receiver was out of bounds. The Nebraska game we flew to Dallas and back.