What the Red Raiders are saying before they get wrecked

Hmmmmm…a 2nd straight week with an opposing defensive player putting his foot in his mouth?

https://twitter.com/Brad_Tollefson/status/1039625993017806849

They’re about to find out where they stand lol

4 Likes

I agree, we can help them figure it out.

6 Likes

Rivalry games are full of reasons for both teams to play harder, but I don’t think Tech needs to put another chip on this team’s shoulder. Especially the progress we’ve made week to week. If we’ve improved even more, Tech better watch out!

I don’t know what is being said in the WR room this week, but I bet some of it was focused on not dropping the ball. I counted 9 bona fide drops when I rewatched the last game. CMA referred to leaving 100-150 passing yards and at least one TD on the field.

If we cut the drops to close to zero, I think we score a lot more points than 45.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t confuse the Rice or a Sumlin defense with a David Gibbs defense.

LOL! Sounds like he thinks weren’t not going to put up much of a fight.

Who’s better in this case?

Apparently he was talking about Lamar and not us. Ill give them the benefit

2 Likes

That would make way more sense.

The only think weird is getting annoyed at not being able to choose the color of the polyester shirt you’re wearing to a game you’ve dedicated to the cotton industry.

6 Likes

You don’t think it’s weird that we would take a strong stance on wearing white? We seem to really enjoy using all manner of uniform and helmet combinations during the season. Do we think our red polyester is that much hotter than the white?

It seems silly.

Did they UH give a quote on it? I read a story earlier where they didn’t have any UH quotes so didn’t click the link.

Maybe they asked at the last minute or some low level guy gave a no over the phone and they didn’t escalate…if its important you always escalate.

1 Like

Like someone mentioned above, it may be that the game uniforms are already packed up. Would be a waste of time to have to repack.

1 Like

A strong rush putting pressure on the QB is what really makes the secondary lethal. Rushed or off balanced passes are the kind that go awry and are ripe for the picking.

3 Likes

Agreed. And even if we went public with the actual reason why it would be trivial to most and we’d end up wasting time validating our reasoning. Like my parents told me when I wanted argue about every little thing as a child “because I said so” will suffice.

1 Like

Well he said he would rather play 3 good teams instead of one before conference. Since Ole Miss handed them their head, I am assuming that was the one good team he was referring to which means he doesn’t think much of us.

5 Likes

I’ll have to go with Gibbs.

Whether he is better than our DC or not and who has the better talent, we will find out on Saturday.

1 Like

Particularly when a QB has to throw too early before his WR is able to clear a window. That results in tipped balls that get picked by safeties.

1 Like