What the Red Raiders are saying before they get wrecked

This guy obviously doesn’t know much about our team or has not watched us play. I thought our offensive ineptitude last year cost us the game way more than their “vaunted” defense.

2 Likes

Agreed, unless they have safeties that can get over to help. I think the running game wins this one. It would behoove CKB to mix up the pace. If we score quickly through the air and then get a stop on defense, next series we should try to score by running the ball (keeping their offense on the sideline) and milking some clock. Rinse and repeat. We don’t want to turn this into a shootout because it then becomes a toss up game.

I think KB knows what he needs to do with Tech offensively; he has played them enough.

On the other side of the ball, I have defended CMD a lot as defensive coordinator, but this game will be a good test for him. We have had trouble with teams that can sling it under him thus far. I would like to see him take a step forward from a scheme perspective in this game. His scheme typically limits big plays, but can he get some pressure on a young QB to force him into mistakes?

8 Likes

A lot of injuries in their run game. D-line can pin their ears back and go after the QB.

6 Likes

I think he can be successful doing what he’s doing if we can get more pressure from our D-Line consistently. Don’t get me wrong, they’ve done well, but I think they will have to shoulder the load of the defense until our secondary can become lethal. Communication has improved from Rice to Zona, we will need to keep it up because tech can still sling it.

3 Likes

Dried up cow pies?

This is from one of the Lubbock news stations:

Saturday will be the Celebrate Cotton Game at Jones AT&T Stadium. Traditionally, Texas Tech wears white uniforms for this game, but Texas Tech Athletics has just announced that Houston won’t allow white uniforms this time.

Does anyone know what’s up with this? Seems weird.

carpooling

so we are wearing white this game?

what on earth goes on there?

If i had to guess. They wore white uniforms when visiting us and we were going to wear white over there because white is better for sunny days as opposed to grey or black (whatever they’re wearing) which could make them tired faster.

2 Likes

Maybe. I sure like the way the all reds worked out in the heat last weekend.

The only reason I could see for that decision by UH is it was a last minute request, i.e. the equipment was already prepp’d and loaded when TT came back and asked to wear white. Otherwise, that just doesn’t wash in my opinion. This should have been coordinated before the season if this was the case.

1 Like

Nice, if it holds to that we should be in good shape.

Cow tipping? Is that a game with their fat little girlfriends?

Now that Shawn, is funny!!

:wink: I had to summon a little Mike Leach

Short version

1 Like

looks like they waited until the last minute to make a special uniform request (Texas Tech announces four days before the game the UH won’t allow it). I doubt UH is in the mood to bend over for Tech after all the Big 12 shenanigans.

6 Likes

Go kick their asses at there home field then come home to play TSU.

1 Like

https://247sports.com/college/texas-tech/Article/What-Kliff-Kingsbury-Said-About-Playing-Houston-121769572/