Where I think we are after UCF

College basketball: Top 10 conference heat check
Pat Forde

American (27). State of the league: Arrival of Wichita State (17-5) and ascendance of Houston (17-5) has helped offset the slide of SMU and accelerated deterioration at Connecticut and Memphis. Cincinnati is the one constant, and could give the league its best NCAA seed ever (currently that honor is Louisville’s No. 4 seed in 2014). Player of the Year so far: Gary Clark, Oklahoma. Coach of the Year so far: Kelvin Sampson, Houston. Game to watch this week: SMU at Houston, Thursday. Battle of Texas could have NCAA ramifications.

You act like UH is top 5 team in nation. It’s college basketball, surprises happen every single night. Milton probably be available when UH travels to SMU and wouldn’t be a shock if SMU wins at Home!! Imo 6-2 gets u in for sure n 5-3 would be posible bubble team n may take 1 win in AAC Tourney.

I’m not acting like anything of the sort. It doesn’t take a top 5 team to beat a depleted SMU team this year. Even if Milton is back, we are clearly the better and deeper team. I’m not saying we absolutely won’t lose that game, but I am saying I will be surprised and disappointed if we lose.

One can be disappointed and realistic

So I’m being completely unrealistic to think we should beat SMU both games this year? I think you guys are missing my point. Do my beloved Coog teams occasionally lose games they absolutely should win? Yes. Is it unrealistic to expect them to win even if they don’t? No. Is it unreasonable to be disappointed if they lose a game they should win? I don’t think so, but apparently not everyone agrees.

This is starting to feel like scout. No boards left to go to, though. Gonna go chill in the Academic section.

1 Like