Who belongs on UH football’s Mount Rushmore?

Yeoman
Ware (Heisman)
Keenum (he built TDECU)
Whitley

Notables:
Ward (uncanny ability to just win)
Oliver (a beast on the D end but too soon people)

No, off the top of my head…

Seabass had a better career at his position than Keenum has so far IMHO…and the ring(s) to prove it. Also, Robert Newhouse and Antoine Smith come to mind both with rings…both with longer and I’d also argue better (so far) NFL careers at their position. Lamar Lathon played 9 seasons.

[

2 Likes

Swing and a miss on this one … To date.

You make an excellent argument for Riley Odom. Vollmer is another one who had a good career. Jackie Battle stick around for a long time as well.

2 Likes

This is purely subjective. We are only talking about U of H not what the players have done in the pros.
Mr. Yeoman
Andre Ware - SWC, Heisman Trophy winner while being on probation.
Wilson Whitley - SWC, SWC Champion in our first season joining the SWC, Lombardi award winner
This is where I struggle. Case in point…no pun intended.
David Klingler, SWC - 10-1 while on probation…Remember that is why Mr. Pardee left. uta, atm & the ncaa did their job trying to decimate us. It almost worked. It sent us to C-USA. We barely survived on life support. Despite all of that we finished 10-1, yes 10-1. IMO this is the best single season Coaching that we ever had.
Case represents our renaissance. He represents the heart & soul of our survival. You all know how much I think of Case.
Mount Rushmore has four main figures not five. Since Andre is there too I will have to go with Case but this why we should have five.
Ed is getting there but he did not face the opposition that we had in the 70’s, 80’s and mid 90’s.

It has to be Carl Lewis, arguably the best athlete of all time.

3 Likes

FOOTBALL Mount Rushmore. :expressionless:

In my opinion, there are three locks:

Yeoman: Built the program and made us nationally relevant.
Ware: Won our Heisman.
Keenum: Without him, we aren’t where we are today.

I think Whitley gets the top spot for now. Oliver could knock him off depending on how his last year goes.

Oof…Tough decision. I’d probably go Yeoman, Ware, Whitley, Oliver.

However, you could talk me into taking Keenum over Ware even though Andre won the Heisman; Case’s overall body of work to include helping getting TDECU built, and his better pro career would definitely be big pluses on his side.

1 Like

What was the team like when Whitely played? I have no context for him other than he won a major award. Was he “the guy” on the team when he played. I think we all agree that Keenum and Ward were “the guy” on their teams, not sure if Oliver is at the level yet.

Also, what about Khator? Has she done enough to earn a football spot?

You have to have Yeoman, Ware, and Whitley. As your first three of the board. I’ll put Keenum in the fourth spot for now for carrying is into this Renasaince. But Oliver wins more hardware this year I might have to move him up to 4.

There really isn’t a wrong answer with those 5 guys. I can understand any combination.

I thought we just spent 2 months going through this.

1 Like