Why is the food so bad at the stadium

I eat before the game, and buy water while there. Easy.

1 Like

I was at TCU when we played Kansas in a bowl game. Not remembering hand dipped strawberries.

Huge opportunity lost by the university going on many decades. Hard to understand.

1 Like

Beer, chic-fil-a, and dip’n dots
we have a few things going for us. Cold pretzels, nachos with no cheese, and burnt popcorn aren’t good though.

2 Likes

imagine tacos, tortas, bahn-mis, shwarmas, hot dogs, panchos (nachos with pico and meat) then tamales, texas chili, pho during the winter games
some coffee and maybe pan dulce or other pastries for the cold night games
who am i kidding, makes too much $en$e

5 Likes

A delicious taco stand would be an amazing
- TDECU stadium taco stand would probably be awful.

2 Likes

This was the Army game debacle. After TCU upgraded their stadium.

1 Like

I thought upgraded food was coming when Th he switched vendors?

1 Like

I remember several years ago, the food contract for Houston Airports were up for renewal. Many of the local restauranteurs wanted to open stores in the airports. In his infinite wisdom, our Mayor, Lee. P. Brown decided to stay with a business that was already doing airport food and just ignored the local food scene in our great city. Maybe UH is doing something similar . . . . .

Yeah, they are pretty much doing that exact thing. I get it to an extent stadium logistics and such is a huge PITA. So people get lazy and go with what they know or gross who do this sort of thing. Neglecting the fact that it would be a much bigger money maker for everyone if local restaurants were able to set up pop ups so we’d have different sets ups each week. Especially right now where the food industry is really struggling. Frankly every urban university should be doing this as the local restaurants are almost infinitely better than the stadium fare.

And don’t get me started how much better and cooler it would be if we could have rotating smaller and midsize breweries set up shop giving us more alternatives. And in off years an even better reason to keep people coming back.

4 Likes

Bryant, people will never come to the games for the food. I haven’t had any problem with the food. The hot dogs are pretty much like all others, Chick-fil-A is the same, and dipping dots are the same. I don’t expect any stadium food to rival a good restaurant.

2 Likes

Covid

1 Like

I would like to see the open space on the west end of TDECU set up as a mini-midway with pop-ups selling various goodies. One could do funnel cakes and fried twinkies, another could do boudin and red beans and rice, another could do corn dogs or street tacos or Italian street food. The possibilities are almost endless and could showcase the vast diversity of the Houston food scene.

8 Likes

the wives/gfs (or bf if thats ur thing) and kids have to eat, its not just about us men watching football
make it a gameday experience, if we win, even better

2 Likes

Maybe they could fence off an area outside the stadium (so only people with tickets can come and go in it) and move a half dozen or so food trucks out there. No mess or fuss and some have really good food.

5 Likes

The chicken tenders are good at the stadium.

1 Like

Rose Bowl does a nice job on variety.

No they are not lol. I had them this last game and they were blah.

1 Like

Having variety won’t be possible until there’s more people at the games. By more people I mean 20k+ otherwise Chick-fil-A will get the business the concession stands dont get.

1 Like

I miss the blondes serving draft beer.

3 Likes