Wikipedia says Briles has no deal with FSU

C’mon now, no college FB program is getting “richer” from any buyout clauses.

It acts primarily as a disincentive for a coach to leave and as a cost recovery or offset for the previous employer if they do leave. The costs of using search firms, travel and interview of multiple prospective replacement coaches and the additional costs of recruiting players will utilize a large amount of any buy-out money.

5 Likes

Agree. Talk about using a university. Loyalty is almost non-existent these days.

1 Like

My cousin’s step-sister says that the guy at HEB told her that Briles is staying at UH.

12 Likes

Well there you have it, straight from the horse’s mouth.

2 Likes

Thank you, Simone.

5 Likes

I believe you.

3 Likes

The Produce Manager said something totally different. Who’s telling the truth! :grin:

3 Likes

I doubt the clubhouse twitter account acquired all those details and the local media didn’t. Second, I can’t see a struggling program doing gymnastics to protect themselves from a potential employee. I think if the scandal is the issue then they move on.

1 Like

We’re this close to finding out where he goes.

2 Likes

What’s the damn hold up is he staying or not!

1 Like

Maybe Briles is interviewing for a manager position at HEB :thinking:

1 Like

Deal fell through. HEB told him he couldn’t bring Clements either.

6 Likes

What does Wikipedia say about his next interview? Where’s the next one at? Tomorrow? Next week? He has interviewed for every job except Santa Claus, so why stop? What sayeth Wikipedia, GoCoogs.com, or the twitter-verse?

He didn’t interview for Santa because the elves told him he couldn’t bring Clements to the North Pole.

ha HA! great one, RedDragon!
Seems clear Briles stays this year because the Clements bring along is nixing these deals. We can and should prepare for next year so when this happens again Apple is prepared and ready with a top guy he can call.

Both were seen at the TD Club dinner last night conspicuously dressing in red.

To borrow from Shakespeare …

It was Much Ado About Nothing … OR …

The equivalence or a Chinese fire drill … however …

it was ah hoot watching the Kendal haters running around like the Keystone cops

IF I WAS OPIE … though … I would absorb EVERY jot and tittle of the “Briles offense” and blocking schemes while he is still on board … OR assign as I did in the Navy an assistant to a prima donna to absorb all his knowledge thus negating his ability to repeat his actions …

I like Kendal and supported his hire … however … all these theatrics recently hasn’t gone down well with moi … but it seems to be our fate being a G5 in a chumpy conf. UNTIL we either advance to a P5 or an eight team playoff comes about …

Was the produce managers eye twitching?

3 Likes

I have a different take. Apple was behind the whole thing to keep Army guessing.