Wikipedia says Briles has no deal with FSU

This may seriously be the dumbest thing ever written on this or any board. Wikipedia? FML.

R&S and all that may have looked good, but UH has had real success, and by real, I mean actual dents in the national rankings and meaningful wins, with rock solid defenses. Briles offense may put up crazy numbers but gassed out our defense. Give me a ball hawking defense that can shut down the likes of FSU, OU and Louisville over glitzy offense any day.

Agree to disagree

Breaking News:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chron.com/sports/cougars/amp/Houston-Kendal-Briles-staying-with-Cougars-13428005.php

Hey, look, he’s not so dumb after all

You realize he interviewed with FSU after this article, right?

1 Like

lol

got me

Would it be Robinson for DC? He coached for Mack and almost got hired in NC. We could do worse and has to have connections in the state.

On further review, he may not be the guy we want.

No. We would have to pay his buyout as Mack Brown hired Robinson as Co-DC at North Carolina.

I thought Mack backed off that hire.

Briles did just fine at FAU without Clements. Disrupting the offensive staff at FSU is a mystery to me. It isn’t like they were happy with their offense.

1 Like

Ryan over at GoCoogs is saying ego expect a leak today or an announcement about Briles leaving tomorrow. Says Clements isn’t expected to go.

Maybe we’ll get an announcement right before game time like with Orlando.

Watch Pete Thamel’s account.

2 Likes

We are about to have 3 new offensive schemes within 3 years lol

If Clements stays I wonder if that means we are sticking with the same offense?

Strange to me that he would go to FSU for most likely one year
as I expect Taggard (or whatever his name is) will be gone after next year.

FSU hiring that guy was always a strange hire to me. He had never really done anything.

Same with Arkansas hiring Morris.

Clearly desperation is rampant in the college HC ranks.

3 Likes

Then he can just step in as FSU head coach lol, sounds like a calculated move to me

It would be 2 mistakes in a row for FSU then.

Florida recruiting connections