Wikipedia says Briles has no deal with FSU

Ha! You got me. I know the reality that KB is probably gonzo after the bowl, but my cougar red glasses have me reading any tidbit as a sliver of hope he’s staying.

Although I think it would be hysterical if Orlando were to hold a press conference and announce FSU’s new OC.

Patrick, really appreciated your situation analysis, but surprisingly you didn’t cover the HEB rumor. :thinking:

2 Likes

IMO if KB is leaving, it will be after the bowl game because he had the “professionalisms” to coach until after the game. (Maybe, Pez’s influence).Isn’t that what we all complained about with CTH and gang. So he does the right thing and people complain. He did not gut our recruiting by announcing earlier. Showed respect to our players and fans. This action also makes KB look like a better candidate to help improve his ethical standing. FSU recruitment certainly wouldn’t take a hit with the rumors of KB coming and his improving ethical image might help with FSU BOR.

Having spent 45years in public ed. and watching coaching hires. It often takes time to work our positions for everyone involved.

“Patience Grasshopper! All willl be revealed in time!”

2 Likes

A lot of this stuff works itself out after the AFCA meetings.

1 Like

Spoke with someone paying attention to movement of coaches.

Said expect something on Briles after the bowl game. Expect CMA to rely on his Texas connections. Charlie Strong may be out at USF

CMA is going to Texas?

Why? Since when has Texas ever had anyone in the realm of offensive competence in the last 15 years?

1 Like

Probably more like the state of Texas, not the university…right coachv?

1 Like

No, UT connections. Coaches tend to hire who they know

Oh, the old UH coaches then?

1 Like

Is it possible Orlando is unhappy at UT and would come back here? THAT would be HILARIOUS…

1 Like

lol…that would be brilliant, but he’s got a few $$$ saying he’s not going anywhere

I’d love Orlando back here

Rumor is that Beaty from Kansas is going to join the UT staff. Perhaps that leaves someone like Mehringer looking for a job.

He’s going to hire Greg Davis, isn’t he?

1 Like

Holy hell. Mehringer was OC at Rutgers in 2016. He coordinated the worst offense in FBS. Then he left to rejoin Herman as receivers coach.

1 Like

No to Mehringer and hell no to Greg Davis. I have to admit I really don’t know the ins and outs of all the football schemes, but I do know I like the fast pace air it out offenses. What Herman ran drove me crazy, but it did win us a conference title and Peach Bowl, but the whole time I hated it. I guess since I am a product of growing up with the Run n Shoot, Art Briles tenure, and of course the Keenum years. Love what KB brought to the table this year, SMU game excluded. I don’t know any of the names out there that could replicate it, but if I had my way, I would go in that direction

2 Likes

Well that’s about as nightmarish of a list as it gets… I guess we have Naivar at DC to look forward to as well :sob:

1 Like

Yeah…I don’t want to retread our '15-'16 staff.