Women’s national team..13-0. Running it up?

Well, at least one of the players took a knee…before the game…I lost interest in the team after that…just sayin’

1 Like

You no longer follow pro football?

One player kneeled at the same time they were doing it in pro football. Women’s pro soccer banned the practice in 2017 and she hasn’t since.

They are playing for the championship on Sunday.

I might add once we betray our founding fathers and give up a free press, free speech, and freedom to protest we become the same as Russia, China, Cuba, North Korea, et.al.

Finally, fly your flag and be thankful for these freedoms and not listen to those that try to take them away from you.

It’s been my experience that whose who wrap themselves in the flag and yell ‘Merica love it our leave it, often just do not understand what the flag, this country and the people who fought for it mean. Being patriotic and nationalist are not the same thing. Patriotism is done quietly with respect while nationalism is about hate and divisionTaking a knee is not a protest, but a sign that the greatest country in the world. A country that has served as a beacon of freedom and humanity. A sanctuary for the poor and hundleded masses yearning to breathe free. Taking a knee not saying the pledge is a reminder that this great country is not perfect and the is something that is hurting us as a nation. It is a reminder we can do better. We demand better. You don’t have to like it, join in. Just respect their belief that in what ever area ‘‘tis country can do better. It is progress and growth not perfection that makes this country the best.

1 Like

You are right…I do not watch pro football…and you know what partner…if any of my beloved Coogs take a knee for any reason and disrespect our country I will not attend any more of their games unless they are disciplined and suspended. And oh yeah, that is my right as freedom of speech…

1 Like

You can believe what you want and I will leave it at that…this is not the place to settle petty political differences…God Bless America…and happy July 4 to all…Oh, and go Coogs…

1 Like

I am not your partner and reject your trying to make it personal. I encourage and respect your freedom of speech and freedom to peacefully protest. The only ones that make that political are the ones trying to take it away. Have a safe 4th.

1 Like

LOL Lonecat…you are right, you not my pard and I do apologize…Now I will stand to the side and politely protest you by not looking at your lectures…fair enough? God bless ya and America on this great day in our history…

I do like and respect you and look forward to reading your insightful historical posts. Be safe.

I know how to be safe and that is staying away from the firecrackers LOL…when I was a kid I stood on top of a neighbor’s bannister and through my candy bar…guess what was left in my other hand LOL

In cancun. Doing a 4th of July celebration with follow Americans. Burgers and hotdogs on the beach. The resort is doing a firework display…red white and blue…happy 4th of July everyone.

1 Like

Let the girls have fun. What they did is rare. The other team would have done the same. By the way, the coaching on the other side should be embarrassed by how the players were prepared.

Great job by the ladies!

1 Like

Fantastic achievement, Congratulation to the entire team. As you know no team wins if the entire group does not pull together. It is awesome that the women’s game is getting better and better. While the Dutch were mentally, technically, tactically and physically overmatched I am impressed how more teams are raising their game.

I am all for a much more equitable pay especially in the World Cup. F.I.F.A.has the money. The 30 for 30 - 99ers documentary was priceless. The per diem increase message was awesome. To schedule three finals was an insult to this final. Infantino (F.I.F.A’s President) knows better. This is not a coincidence. Rapinoe is 100% correct. On the other hand I personally think and feel that there is a huge, momentous disservice to women’s sport perpetuated by the media. This is none of my business to judge or know what a human being is doing in their bedroom. The media and the LBGT supporters are exploiting women’s sport like never before. Again I am for a more equitable pay. To have Nike, Coca Cola and others keep force feeding us the so called “pride” message is the biggest disservice to women’s sport. By doing so it is marginalizing amazing accomplishments.

When President Clinton made everybody wait for the 99 Final. He did so on purpose. He was trying to exploit an amazing day. The beauty of sport is to realise your dreams without having to plaster an ulterior message. Unfortunately by continuing to do so there will be an obvious backlash.

Chris,

Great point. Sadly if advertisers see one good ad then it is a herd mentality 1000 must be better. Though to be fair I think the focus on women sports and messaging is relatively new compared to the mens sports (all sports not just men’s soccer). I also think we see it more in niche sports. I am a huge pro cycling fan and the cycling specific ads are tedious after a while.

The equal pay is a tough one. I agree they should be paid more. But some of it is driven by the FIFA prize money for the tournament. The men’s tournament just has much more prize money. On the men’s side the top players don’t even keep the prize money they donate it, but then again they make crazy money. The women don’t make that kind of money.

I believe the all the women who play in the US league have their salaries subsidized by US soccer. So even the women who do not make the national team get paid. If the national team players get a bigger cut or pay will it be at the expense of the the fringe players in the women’s league. There is only so mush money to go around.

They also cite the higher ratings and revenue earned when comparing it to the men’s team. Well, the US men’s team did not qualify for the last WC so they earned nothing. Also, interest was way down because the US did not play in the last WC. Sure the hardcore fans watched but the key bandwagon fans who come out every four years were not there. So it’s not an equal comparison.

I get most of this from my son, he wrote his honors college thesis on the state of US soccer.

Regardless, I am sure it chaps the ladies the wrong way to see the success they have, winning 4 of the 8 WCs contested, and still being relegated to the shadow of the men’s team in recognition and pay.

Who gets the blame for the ladies being in the shadow of the men? Men, women, media, minorities, advertisers, LGBT community, NCAA, President Trump, Fox News, CNN, Aggies, etc? Our society has to find someone to blame. It can’t be because that’s just the way we roll. I just want to know so we can all be on the same page on who to hate!

1 Like

I don’t think the ladies are in any shadow except for financial supprt.

Hate? I have a different take. I was raised to love and take care of young and old ladies alike whether they be daughters, wives, mothers, or strangers. To treat and respect them as equals.

Were you taught to recognize sarcasm??

1 Like

Sarcasm is very hard to recognize in writing when you don’t know the person’s type of humor. My bad.

And no I wasn’t taught to recognize sarcasm. Growing up my Dad would view that as smarting off and would have beaten the crap out of me. I had to learn of such things from friends in later years.

Understood. My apologies.

Bear, you may have to work on your written sarcasm I too thought you were angry. Just sayin