XFL - done?

just had an ESPN pop up saying McMahon won’t buy back the XFL in bankruptcy court.

ESPN Article

seems rather unfortunate as they were having a pretty successful season before the S hit the Fan.

Yeah, I don’t get it. Seemed to really be catching on before they had to cut the season short. Everyone seemed to like the product. Just wish I had caught a game…

I wonder if the shutdown hasn’t changed our sports watching behavior. Before if there was a ball being tossed around on TV I was watching it. I miss it but its not like I am in horrible withdrawal.

2 Likes

Watching what they call “live” sports now is gut wrenching. Try the Korean baseball league ugh

Espn is a shell if it’s former self and relying on 30 for 30 to get them through

You don’t realize what fans actually bring to the table

1 Like

The only thing worth watching on ESPN was the last dance.

Otherwise everything else is reruns and like you said Korean Baseball which I have as much interest in as K-POP.

Agreed. Speaking of the KBO, I have a feeling the overseas mlb games, such as the London Series will have mlb playing in Korea. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a KBO team against an mlb team.

I agree…I dropped the sports package from my cable lineup. As it turned out, ESPN was not in the premium sports package so I was able to watch the Last Dance.

I have had no interest in the Last Dance, ESPN packaging 20 year old news as if it is something new and then spending radio time discussing it as if there was some great revelation.

1 Like

I hear you, it was interesting to me to hear the perspectives of probably the most iconic athlete (other than Mohamed Ali) in my lifetime. Michael was a very complex person.

1 Like

I miss the NHL playoffs. Best post-season in all of sports.

3 Likes

In your opinion – not mine.

I agree that the NHL is the best playoffs of all the pro sports. I miss it, too.

3 Likes

IMO the CWS Regionals are unbelievably suspenseful. Love going to hockey in person…tv does the game no justice to just how fast they are and the flow of it all IMO

1 Like

You guys can enjoy hockey and I am happy for you. But there is a reason hockey has not made it in Houston and also why there is not a hockey forum on this site or TOS. Maybe you could go to the satelite and raive about it, but on this “Cougar Football” site, should should probably realize that most others don’t love it as much as you.

Personally, I found the couple of Aeros games I attended pretty boring and only went back the second time because a friends daughter was one of the girls that performed during breaks and I acquiesced for their sake.

sad for the XFL…i miss the NBA playoffs and the Champions League…european futbol fans are something else…da chaaaaamptions!

1 Like

So you’re saying you’re not buying season tickets when the NHL finally puts a team in Houston ? :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve been watching Bundesliga (sp?) on FS1.

There are five or six games on per week.

I’ve enjoyed it. I like soccer. I normally watch the Dynamo games and any USA games. So I have no idea who most of these players are, and don’t really have a rooting interest, but if you like soccer at all this is high quality stuff.

And at least it’s actual live sports. I don’t consider S. Korean baseball live sports. It is a sport of those intent on living as quietly as possible until gently succumbing to death.

1 Like

No, I think I will pass on that.

1 Like

Gee, I had fun at the Aeros games that I went to.

And the one NHL game that I went to (Washington Capitals) was a BLAST!!!

I’ve also attended college hockey (Colorado College, Air Force Academy, and University of Alaska-Fairbanks) and Texas Wildcatters hockey and had fun!

I remain a strong advocate of NHL to Houston.

3 Likes

Enjoyed the original Aeros as a kid and the Friday Night games for the 2nd Aeros were lots of fun. Before the COVID pandemic there were lots of rumors of Uncle Tilman bringing an NHL team to HTown to be the second tenant at Toyota Center

2 Likes