05/10 Silver Glove (Game 3) at Rice - (UH Wins Series 2-1)

Resting players tonight doesn’t help either.

Rice just won a Super Bowl …

1 Like

It’s funny you think UH is anyone’s “SuperBowl”

Or were you joking?

Rice played Stanford, A&M, Dallas Baptist, UTSA, Texas Tech and TCU so no, we weren’t their Super Bowl.

Rice had this game circled.

3 Likes

Non-Conference RPI is 174

And

Non-Conference SOS is 196

2 Likes

Looking at our schedule, we have only swept one 3 game series this year. That was at Minnesota, and their RPI is 225.

2 Likes

It’s just hard to believe that with this pitching staff we are leading the AAC. How horrific is our league?

5 Likes

Only one top 80 team horrific.

5 Likes

Yet we have a series win over its only Top 20 team.

1 Like

This is why I look at our first place conference ranking (which I don’t think will hold) and take it with a grain of salt.

Rice is horrible…and we can’t sweep them. So, I continue to lack confidence in this coaching staff.

4 Likes

That’s no consolation. The NCAA isn’t going to give an at-large bid to a team ranked in the 80’s or 90’s based on that.

1 Like

How sad is it that the regular season champion of a conference is going to probably miss the postseason? What does that say about American baseball?

It says just as much about their NC schedule.

2 Likes

No joke

https://twitter.com/RiceBaseball/status/1656491420683849729?cxt=HHwWgsC-9fWKhf0tAAAA

“Hoos House” clever.

Good hitting and great fielding but pitching staff gives out every 3d or (with luck) 4th game.
Should b enough decent arms to get to AAC Champ. game but what will be left ?

Anyone know why UH v Rice @ Pearl, MS in 2011 & 2012 & Hattiesburg, Miss. in 2009 ?
(UH lost all 3 MS Games)

C-USA tourney.

2 Likes

I agree. If we can run rule a game, it will help. Will we have enough if we are top of the winners bracket? Maybe. Will we have enough if we win the losers bracket? I seriously doubt it.

It was Rice’s Super Bowl of Rivalries.

Tulane has been run ruled by USF, Cinn, & UCF.
Playing them in the 2nd game works.3

Coogs lead 7–0. T3

9-0 Coogs. T4

9-0 Coogs. T5