05/10 Silver Glove (Game 3) at Rice - (UH Wins Series 2-1)

Rice has lost 7 straight.
3-18 since April 1st.
On CUSATV

The Coogs first played Rice in 1948, the second year of their program. The two teams played again in '49 but then they didn’t play at all for 22 years from 1950-1971. They next played in 1972, probably because that was the year before UH started SWC play.
I wonder if Lovette Hill just didn’t want to play Rice for some reason.1950 was the first year of his HC tenure. If anyone has any knowledge of why, I would be curious to know the reason for the 22-year gap.

2 Likes

Do they sell the baseball cap at the team store on campus? Also, where can I find the golf caps?

Why are we playing at Reckling again? Hasn’t it been Home-Away-Neutral the last few years?

1 Like

We played 2 of 3 at home last season and 2019 was the last time we played @ Sugar Land (2020 was covid cancelled).

3 Likes

So exhausted playing Rice in anything. For the life of me I don’t understand how anyone enjoys it on either side. It almost makes me want to play UTRGV 16 more times.

It reminds me of our pee-wee schedule. There were only three teams in the league.

Rice enjoyed baseball because it was the only thing they used to regularly beat us in. Whitting gave Wayne Graham the Silver Glove trophy for a reason, the Owls hasn’t been the same since.

Is Stat Cast working for anyone? Mine stopped working at the bottom of the 3rd with the Coogs up 6-3.

So it’s not just me?!

I’m listening to Jeremy

7-5 Coogs after 5.

2 Likes

Are you getting Middle Tennessee 21 Rice 7 final displayed now? :rofl:

2 Likes

Holy crap!

Warren Nolan & d1baseball.com are both stuck on 6-3 in the 3rd.

Ugh.

7-7

7-7, bottom of 7th, 1 out
Rice scores on a wild pitch.

Frack.

10-7 Owls

“Todd Whitting on his way to the mound”

Something you don’t hear very often

1 Like

5 walks this inning :flushed:

I paid the one time fee to watch and I lost the feed at the 6th inning. I’ve signed out and back in, no pic or audio. Just the summary at screen bottom! :rage::rage:

13-7 Rice after 8

Unless a miracle happens, Rice just snapped their losing streak.