1 vs. 2

uva is a defensive team, no one will knock them for close wins, kinda their identity (low scoring affair that are kinda close because there were few points)

People where knocking UH earlier on the season when they snuck out a 5 point win vs a solid Kent St Mac Team. And they are known for their tenacious defense identity.

Have to remembered Purdue was only 5 points behind UVA in the polls and Purdue had 8 1st place votes to UVA 3 first place votes.

I hope you’re right.

UVA can’t move up any higher unless UH loses to Ala. Where Purdue can with a semi tough true road game win vs a pesky Nebraska team that just beat Creighton.

thats fair
 itll be interesting to see who gets texas votes
but will note the biggest move this week is that virginias win against illinois looks way better 
 but it’ll be close
beating nebraska isn’t impressing anyone to jump over a top 3 team
 i think the bigger factor is that the people who voted texas 1st place might give it to purdue

1 Like

Sounds like a bad matchup with us for UVA in that case

Oh man
 I can’t wait to go to that game!

Nothing against UVA but the basketball rankings are like the stock market. What have you done for me lately considering how close they are in votes and 2 solid opponents for Purdue this week in Hofstra & Nebraska who have a combine record of 12-6. That may be just enough. Don’t get me wrong itll be cool to watch a ?#1 vs #2, tho.

I think UH has more NBA talent than they do. I think that’s the difference. Only way UH loses is by injuries or refs calling phantom fouls.

I don’t think UVA has any projected 1st rders. UH has 3. 2 for the 2023 draft and one for the 2024 one.

1 Like

Apparently UVA ‘s last win was close because their best player left 4 minutes into the game with a hammy.
They’re counting on him being ready by the UH game,10 days from now.
They don’t have any games to play till they meet UH.

Sorry guys, I jinxed us by starting this thread. Damn, I really wanted to see it too.

1 Like

Not all bad
 they’ll probably be number 1 now, so we can go get a sweet road win against the top ranked team.