10-1 Odds for next year

Vegas says we are in the top 10 to be the champion next year. The usual suspects are included, Duke UConn.

I’ll just put this out there- Hurley took over the UCONN program after Sampson and got them to the top of the mountain TWICE already!

Remember, when we were both in the AAC?

No Excuses- Let’s find a WAY to finish this magical run!.

UCONN did…Twice!

1 Like

With the uncertainty at UK, how can they even be considered in that group?

1 Like

Would UConn have won it this yr if their best player went down and on top of that lost two other key players in their rotation? Answer. NO!!

13 Likes

Health will always be our biggest factor in determining or success. That and how the portal PG adjusted and fits in. It’s why during non conference and blowouts next year, since I don’t think we’ll be redshirting aggressively we have to get the bench guys playing as many significant minutes as possible. We need to develop a fully trusted bench ready to contribute later in the year. That and being able to ease Jojo and TA back into significant playing time.

Wow were loaded!

Btw these odds are before announcing our PG portal addition.

Question: whos our go to guy when we need a bucket ? Shead was awesome on game winners or go to buckets. Cold blooded!!!

Sharp. CKS has said before that he thinks he has a chance to be as gifted a scorer as Rob Gray.

2 Likes

I hope so. Once Shead went down against Kentucky the team wasn’t the same including Sharp. Obviously having a deeper and better team on paper helps.

Hurley built superior depth in a shorter amount of time.

The literally DESTROYED everyone in their way.

Do you think a healthy Shead led UH team would have beaten UCONN?

No but he with TA and Tug would have separated us and UCONN from the field.

5 Likes

We definitely need to get the “you’ve been to the most final fours WITHOUT a title” monkey off our backs.

1 Like

That is a glass half full way of looking at things. We have done amazingly in the past 5 seasons , we had 5 straight sweet 16s including one final four one elite 8 and a big 12 championship.

When i heard about how much money a team like Arkansas is spending on Calapari, NIL, assistant coaches to try to bring their level up (and probably won’t get as high as where we are now) it definitely reminded of how lucky we are.

2 Likes

There is no inter-sports competition for NIL money or program support dollars at UConn. Basketball is the #1, #2, and #3 priority. A lot of ultra-high net worth graduates / boosters too.
If I recall correctly, they dominated the AAC in annual donor sports giving.

We made the most Final Fours with no championship.

1 Like

We’ll never know

And I’ll put this out there, you should stick to the fighting with Ryon threads.

3 Likes

Kentucky ???

Duke i meant papi chulo!

I get my blue bloods mixed up.

I must of been HIGHER than a kite when i wrote that!

1 Like

UCONN also won the NCAA title in 2014. The cupboard was not bare as it was when CKS inherited the cougars

1 Like

Back when Sportscenter used to do their “did you know?” segment, that was always their question, “who has the most FF appearances without winning a title?” the day after the men’s championship game. Before Duke won their first, they were tied with us. Then Illinois tied us. But then we went again, and the title is ours again. I’d really like to get off that list.

1 Like