#12 Wins Again!

This team is good…and will get better.

This is great fun for a fan dating back to Elvin Hayes and endured 30 years of mediocrity after PSJ.

12 Likes

YYYEEEESSSS!!!

1 Like

Great team. I am not saying they are going to the final four but I am not saying they wont either.

With one and done tournaments anything can happen.

So many weapons.

3 Likes

8 wins to 30!

3 Likes

1 win to 23.

2 Likes

If we get to 30 it will go down as one of the legendary squads at UH. I can’t think of a UH team that won more than 27 games in a season without a bonafide marquee player.

While Davis is a great player he doesn’t yet have have the luster of a true media darling. He will but not yet.

22-1 because we play flawless team defense and rebound like banshees.

Kelvin ##### Sampson!

1 Like

The tournaments is where legends are built. No knew about Gray before the tournament or that he even struggled through a good part of his SR season after the tournament. And that was just with one win.

2 Likes

The mini beard :blush:

1 Like

This team is unique because there is no one dominant player. In our history, we had great teams with dominate, Hall of Fame caliber players: The Big E, Otis Birdsong, Dwight Davis, Dwight Jones, Lou Dunbar, Dream, Clyde,many others, but this team is different. Sampson and staff have put together a roster of talented players that can step up, perform their role and get the job done. . This team does it the hard way, the dirty way with defense, hustle, rebound, steals and occasionally, the 3 point shot.

This team is another fraternity of a different name.

3 Likes

We have excellent players the difference is they are excellent defensive players. These guys can usually keep the other teams shooters in check and force them to beat us with other players.

1 Like

Last 2 games are prime example. Taylor scored 21 but most were in garbage time. Alston, the key for Temple, was held to 6

1 Like