13 heroes and almost forgotten

He wasn’t watching at that time so doesn’t count. Lol

3 Likes

1 Like

Then why was their second in command behind OBL (and current leader) just killed there? Sure sounds like an established presence in Afghanistan.

2 Likes

But are you there to see that fact? How do you know? :wink:

And you believe that? I am very skeptical of anything that the CIA shares with the public.

1 Like

Guys, click the link, it’s a video segment from today’s Today show. That’s as mainstream as it gets.

Your scanner may be broken.

Or at best an attempt to establish a presence their again.

So what is your understanding of the relationship between Taliban , who now
run(ruin) the country , and Al Qaeda ? They do not see eye to eye do they ?

Sure seems to me like the Taliban is still providing al-Qaeda with a safe haven.

Ayman al-Zawahiri’s presence there seemed to confirm that.

Not sure that they precisely align on everything, but they are obviously not averse to each other.

With ISIS-K, it’s likely a different story.

Don’t fall for deflection. Chris posits that mainstream media is ignoring the one year anniversary of our withdrawal, but that is simply false.

1 Like

Oh of course. I said that myself, and provided the obvious example of Sunday CNN’s long piece on the subject.

It was just that the article you posted seems a bit counter-factual based upon recent events.

But they weren’t ignoring it.

Oh yeah. Of course they weren’t, as I and many others also said.

Chris is, of course, wrong about that.

1 Like

Plus the day isn’t over yet, the nightly news from all the major networks will probably mention it too.

No doubt.

So now crickets from Beverly Hills.

I watched the news this morning on cnn, and other mainstream media. This was largely ignored.
Now I read that I am offending the other k’s heroes that died?
Who authorized these wars?
bush and obama.

I think Al Quida authorized these wars on 9/11. Would you have had us do nothing?

92010 wrong again? I’m shocked!!