15 players out for the Navy game

We are missing a whole lot of guys for the Navy game due to injury – 15 according to CDH this morning. Hogan and Welch are out for the year Golden has a rib injury and won’t be playing. Manjack is out but still may return before the end of the season. Freshman CJ Nelson will play for the first time this week.

5 Likes

Wow!!

1 Like

Is there a full list somewhere?

Not one for public distribution that I know of, CDH is usually reluctant to share names unless they are out for the year or at least most of the year.

1 Like

Damn, i was hoping the awesome win would galvanize the team. Still can happen but fml… :grimacing:

2 Likes

Damn… I feel like Campbell and Sneed are going to get a lot of carries… Tune, too.

4 Likes

But Navy weakness is pass defense. I hope our WRs ball out

4 Likes

Redshirting ???

5 Likes

I’m waiting to see who we will have playing WR this week. With Manjack out, Golden out, and Cody Jackson gone, and I’m not sure if Carter will be available, we are low on WR depth.

This should’ve been Jackson’s break out game…instead he quit on his team.

4 Likes

What ever happened to Guidry?

1 Like

It sure sounded like Carter would be available, based on DH’s comments this morning.

We have some receivers that can do some damage against the secondary - we just have to get it to them.

2 Likes

And Wafer.

1 Like

Good question.

CDH was lauding his progress in pre-season, but I don’t recall every hearing his name so far in any game.

I feel like he may be out for a health related reason based on the lack of information. I wouldn’t assume that he quit on the team until we have the full story. Hopefully this is temporary but whatever it is the staff and Jackson are keeping it private for a reason.

1 Like

Yeah… While I doubt that… You are right that I shouldn’t assume he just walked away from this team…

Although, he has already walked away from another team within the last year… I mean transferred… Yeah… Yeah… That’s the ticket!

1 Like

Yeah those were my thoughts too until I learned about his past injuries at OU. Even though he was a four star recruit he may have to go down a level of he transfers twice in one year. Teams like talent but that’s a red flag to most P5 programs.

Maybe personal like, family? What if a close family member has end stage? How about we give it time to come out if the proper channels?

In that case I’m sure the family member would say to not put his career and future on hold… That’s what happened when my pop-pop got sick and I was in Navy training school… I wanted to leave and come there and he and the rest of my family said I shouldn’t postpone my Naval career because I would’ve had to go through my A-school again…

But like I said above… I agree I shouldn’t assume what is driving this break for him. I hope he and his family are well.

Unfortunately, for UH Football, and him, he is missing an opportunity to be a top target this weekend, though.

1 Like

Good grief. It’s not even the same team that we started out with. Is this where strength and conditioning, if it were good, prevent? Or, with these types of injuries, it wouldn’t have mattered?

1 Like