2018 Season Tickets

So, do you think they will include Rice in the season ticket package next year (like they did with Oklahoma) or would you want them to?

I don’t think they can since we’re playing at rice. I believe that the Oklahoma game was included because it technically should have been a home game since we play at Norman in 2019. Furthermore I think that was also a ploy to make sure we had a good showing for the game on national television.

1 Like

It was some sort of special deal they made with the Texas Kickoff. There’s no reason they couldn’t make a similar deal with Rice.

After rice screwing us on the deal to play Cincinnati at their stadium, I doubt that any deal will be made. Also that is a iot of revenue that they would lose since no one shows up to their games.

First, I think Rice screwed themselves on that deal. Secondly, it’s not like UH would keep the revenue from the Rice tickets - just like any other tickets the school sells for away games. I wouldn’t think Rice would let us put them in the season ticket package if they weren’t getting revenue from them.

3 Likes

Were UH tickets included in Rice’s season ticket package this year?

1 Like

I don’t think so. So, maybe they wouldn’t be for us this year.

Damn…there went 50 tickets !!

4 Likes

Rice tickets will not and should not be included in the season ticket package. However, they will be offered as an add on like all away games – just like every time we ever played them at their house. Should you wait to buy them separately, there will be ample tickets for that game available.

1 Like

I remember several years ago we were playing Rice at Rice Stadium - don’t remember whether or not the game was included in season ticket package or not but I went by myself and had 3 extra tickets(family got sick with the flu) and I gave them to Coogs who were in line to buy tickets. THere must of been 200-300 people there in line buying tickets(all Coogs).