2019-20 Starting 5 and Rotation

Insert your best guess for 2019-20 starters and rotation here. I haven’t done much research on the newcomers but I’d assume Deeky, Armoni, and Fabian are locks. And Armoni will be a captain.

3 Likes

Fabian has to get better offensively, he seems frozen when he gets the ball, like he has to think about his next move, it should be instinctive

3 Likes

Starting 5:

Jarreau
Brooks
Hinton
White
Gorham

Bench:

Gresham
Mills
Alley
Harris

5 Likes

We need some size.

6 Likes

If only Harris had some skills, a softer touch, and better hands. His body could be a WEAPON!!!

2 Likes

Ced was an opening day starter and has moved lower and lower down the depth chart. Still young still hope.

cks needs to use the publicity from this tournament run to recruit a big man

3 Likes

Who knows? Out of defeat may come great things. Go to a big man’s house and show him last night’s game film. Tell him how much we need him and how he can play for a team that went to the sweet 16.

True frosh but has the physical traits to be a stud. Needs a good bit of development in all aspects of his game. He’ll get the right teaching. Needs to take full advantage if that.

I struggle to even think about next year because this was all set up for us to win. We were 90 seconds away from being favored to go to the Final Four. We are extremely unlikely to earn as a high a seed next year and you just never know if next year happens the way you expect. I love Hinton and Jarreau, but Sampson clearly didn’t trust them in the biggest of moments at the end of the year. Where is the leadership on this team going to come from on the floor? GRob was a MADE MAN and Davis was a hell of a second leader on this team. That is my biggest concern. Who is the leader on this team next year. Can Brooks be that guy? I don’t know.

That was a hell of a 2nd half comeback last night and those young men represented this school very well all season long.

7 Likes

I think Armoni will be even better and have a Dotson like season next year…I also expect Hinton and deeky to up their game in a big way. Don’t forget we’ll also be adding a couple young really good pure shooters.

1 Like

i made this predictions before but ill state it here

dejon drastically improves his shot next season, becomes a 3rd team all-american type player and drafted as junior

3 Likes

If CKS stays, someone will most definitely step up to fill the void left by Robinson and Davis. These two were pretty much non factors last year against UM. Yet here they were leading this squad against UK. It is pretty amazing the development CKS can get out of his players.

3 Likes

He only started due to White being hurt at start of season. He stayed as Fabian backup at Forward pos, but lot of times CKS would go small and Fabian would play Center position w 4 guards combo btw any of these 5 — GR, CD, AB,NH, DJ. I like what Alley brings in several areas on the floor…keeping in mind this was his freshman year as player.

I think a type of recruit like Hinton is the type of recruits we need going forward. I absolutely love the heart of the scrappier smaller guys but UKs length gave us issues all game. We need length, a quality big, and athleticism to balance our scrappy attitude.

3 Likes

Early on Gresham May start, but I think you’re right. The way people in the program have talked about Gorham, I am cautiously optimistic that he will be good both defensively and offensively.

This, although I can see Sasser and Roberts getting playing time as well.

1 Like

random, but i think we trying to develop alley to guard this offseason…we are only losing 1 big but bringing in 2…
i doubt sampson wants to rely on freshmen too much…that makes me think we might use alley the 3

1 Like

Our height upgrade at guard will be huge next year against Q1 teams. I’m very excited about that.

1 Like

Agreed. The height improvement should help in multiple areas of our game.