2019 Redshirt Tracker Updated through Cincinnati

as long as he doesn’t try to wear a warmup jacket CDH will be fine with him on the sidelines

3 Likes

Or go into operation shutdown like Oliver did. At least King is red shirting and saying he wants to play in a game for UH again.

1 Like

Updated with participation from North Texas

2 Likes

So Bardwell would have to shut it down now. Interesting decision.

Yeah, the decision to go with Bardwell over Keenan Murphy at guard was interesting. Murphy has already used up his redshirt year, but according to the UHCougars.com football stat page, he didn’t play a single snap against North Texas. Will certainly be something to monitor in a couple weeks.

Right now, healthy options on the OL who have already used up a redshirt year are Josh Jones, Jarrid Williams, Gio Pancotti, Keenan Murphy, Jack Freeman, Max Banes, Dixie Wooten, and Kameron Lewis. The health and status of Justin Murphy is kind of up in the air.

Bardwell is probably the most egregious screw up by the Applewhite staff when it comes to the redshirt situation. He played in TWO games in 2017 as a true freshman, and lost the whole year of eligibility. Ridiculous.

2 Likes

I remember Bardwell coming into a game and I was just shaking my head. The snaps he ended up playing were garbage time snaps and he shouldn’t have been in there. I gave Applewhite a pass for the SDSU bowl game, but that Bardwell situation was the 1st real time that alarms started going off in my head about him. Before the 4 game redshirt rule, you shouldn’t play freshman OL in garbage time; that’s just a disservice to him, the program’s future, and everyone involved.

3 Likes

Updated through the Cincinnati game

2 Likes

Can you redshirt if you went to a juco?

Yes, you have 5 to play 4 regardless. We have redshirted many jucos over the years.

Gracias

Can a transfer that is redshirting play in 4 games and still redshirt.

If he used his redshirt in transfer portal at other school or sits out a year due to transfer rule, that is his redshirt and he can’t use another. If a guy transfers in and is sitting out the year due to transfer rule, even though that sit-out year counts as a redshirt year, he cannoy play during it.

Correct. For example, Jackson redshirted last year at TCU, then transferred to Houston. He will still lose a year of eligibility as he has already used up his “redshirt” year.