2021-2022 Schedule/ Predictions

Holely Moley. The schedule is historically easy. If we don’t go 8-4, we need a new coach. We might have one of the easiest schedules in the country.

5 Likes

As the Polly Prez, I second that!

No because we are HOUSTON! We are not Rice, Tulane, Tulsa, good grief, we should always beat these teams! We are a large school in a large metropolitan area, no excuses for us not to win. When teams see they are playing Houston they should be worried

4 Likes

Well… since we have no QB, our O Line is weak, running backs are marginal, we have no receivers that can catch the ball, our D Line and LBs are just OK, our secondary is suspect as is our kicking game, the long snapper cannot snap, our coaching staff doesn’t know what it is doing ( and is paid too much), the Cougar Dolls are stumbling, the band cannot hit the high notes, the hot dogs are bad, the bathrooms are too far from our seats, we have to walk too far to our cars, the sun is too hot because of climate change and we are all going to die from the flu (ie, Covid)…

One would have to conclude that we would go 0-12 !!

I am going with 14-0 !!

5 Likes

Renu says we’re winning 10+. Bookmark it!

1 Like

6-6 or worse buy him out.

7-5 would be below standards. Holgerson keeps his job but his seat is hot.

8-4 is the bar. This shows we are making progress but doesn’t elevate our program much.

9-3 would be above what I am expecting. We are back in the top of the American and Holgorsen has this figured out.

10-2, 11-1, or 12-0 would call for an extension. Holgerson is a genius and had us fooled these last 2 years.

That is what I see for this year and what I think.

3 Likes

Yes. It is ridiculous to schedule a game at noon or 3 p.m. in the South. It’s dangerous foe the players, the fans and the band.

So if you’re in a non-P5 like the AAC and want to be on regional or national TV broadcast on Saturday, then you will almost always be slotted at 11:00AM (eastern) or 2:00PM (eastern) time. The prime time spots are reserved for the SEC, the BIG, etc. who are earning their $30 million/team by the paid advertisers during the prime time broadcasts.

That’s exactly how I see it youngloyal. I would add that if we go 5-7 or worse with this schedule he may not see year 4. But that is just my opinion and is pure speculation.

1 Like

Here I was, thinking only Apple had a team affected by injuries . . . . .

It is obvious that the all knowledgeable sports geniuses that work the TV schedules do not give a cr*p about anything but MONEY . . . . .

1 Like

I mean we lost our 2 best players last year. 2 of our best o lineman and our 2nd best LB. it’s hard to win like that. But it is football so we can’t keep using injury excuse, especially when you have your starting quarterback

We’re going 13-0 winning the conference championship and going to the NY6 bowl and beating an SEC team. Book it

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1402678019572051980?s=19

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1402683810857299969?s=19

Something to chew on during the Hot summer months ahead.

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1402678783333879816?s=19

I don’t expect more than 40-45K for this one, so if NRG is a Pro Tech crowd, I will be very disappointed in the Houston Fan base.

6 Likes

We really should stop talking about P5. The fan support is embarrassing.

3 Likes

JD, dont worry…we will have twice as many fans there as Tech…i see 24000 UH fans and about 12000 Tech fans…I have NEVER seen a Tech team have more than 12000 fans at any regular season game in Houston, and i’ve been watching since we joined the SWC in 76…

Get ready to be disappointed lol

2 Likes