2021-2022 Season

We can’t talk about disadvantages anymore, we have top facilities, we are the one of, if not the best football city in the US. UCF, Cincy, and SMU aren’t making excuses about “even grounds”, neither should we. If we belong there, we should have no problem beating the bottoms teams in that conference, or other P5 conferences. Cincy would

4 Likes

If we’re being honest with ourselves, we’re not even the best in the state.

As of 2019 we literally had the most NFL players out of any city in Texas, so we definitely are the best lol. And we had the 2nd most in the US. The number has only grown since then, with all the Houstonians in these recents drafts.

You forget guys like CeeDee Lamb, andrew luck, Justin tucker, Jake Mathews, Xavien Howard and many more, are all from Houston. Not just good players, talking pro bowl, all pro, HOF type players are from this city. They just rarley go to UH.

All you have to do is go look at the recruiting. Houston has a guy that’s top 10 in literally every position. A lot are top 5.

1 Like

Glad to be corrected on that.

There are 3 OTs that’s are top 10 in the nation at there position that go to school in Houston. As well as a top 5 QB, top 10 RB, top 5 TE, 2 top 30 WRs, 3 top 25 CBs including the number 8 player in the nation(not just position), top 3 safety, Top 3 edge rusher, and the number 1 LB in the nation, all go to high school in Houston lol. That’s not even mentioning other talented and high rated 3/4 stars. I just listed the best of the best. I mean I’d lose it if we just got 1 of these guys to stay, couldn’t imagine getting multiple guys. You guys want to fix our OL problem ? :joy::joy: recruit in the city because we got some BEAST!

Which is why we’ll never be in the Big 12. At least not while Texas is in the same conference.

1 Like

Once again overplaying what SMU has done.
We have had some very good moments, but the lack of stability has killed us. We are playing at a disadvantage though one I believe we can overcome under the right leadership. Like I said, even grounds means those schools would be routinely looking up at UH.
Heck we have done some good to great things under poor leadership at HC. No one will convince me that Briles, Sumlin or Herman were great leaders of men. They all had their shortcomings as people off the field and coaches on the field. I think we have a guy who can get our roster right and there are things I wish we had in our HC.

1 Like

How are we overplaying what smu had done? Have you seen there last 2 recruiting classes?

Not to mention they keep getting really good transfers

1 Like

Bottom line is right now SMU is easily outdoing us in several areas including winning, recruiting, and national branding. I am told by some of the UH polys that the DH plan is coming together nicely and on schedule though.

https://twitter.com/footbaiiism/status/1413627027077443590?s=21

Iconic :joy::joy:

4 Likes

I was there that was the best time lol

2 Likes

This season hinges on two things.

Qb play from Tune.

Offensive line play.

Very simple.

4 Likes

Agreed, however, Offensive line play will enable Tune to do better. In addition, if the receivers don’t drop 50% of the passes we get better too.

1 Like

The WRs need to get open as well.

1 Like

I’m expecting to have a great season. We looked good last year till the left tackle got hurt. I’m not really worried about Holgerson, if he gets the players he needs he can win.

1 Like

It’s the offense as a whole. Everything in football is connected. It’s the ultimate team sport. Oline will be better, it wasn’t even that bad last year. Tune has the help the Oline out, WRs need to help tune out. Run game would help the WRs out. The play calling will help everyone out lol. The offense as a whole needs to be better.

I’m hoping we will get good TE play as well, which should provide Tune more options, given that our WR corps isn’t the strongest.

https://twitter.com/coach_stanfield/status/1413197890059636740?s=21

QB1 :fire:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/sixthyearsports/status/1414371912822796292?s=21
Not a bad list. I wouldn’t have put Williams 1 but overall that’s a pretty good list. I think that’s some pretty damn good talent, especially for an G5 school. Can’t wait for this year. Time to get back on track

I like these rankings :joy::+1:t5:

3 Likes