2021 MLB Draft

3 Texas players taken in the first day:

5th Overall Pick Orioles: Cowser OF SHSU
6th Overall Pick D-Backs: Lawler SS High School
32nd Overall Pick Tigers: Madden RHP Texas

Day 2 Starts Today with the 2nd round and end with the 10th round. Gasser projected to be a Top 5 round guy and Hernandez could go late today.

1 Like

Madden was a beast against us.

That Cy-Ranch team of 2018 had FIVE MLB Draft picks ( 3- 1st Rounders, 1- 2nd and 1- 17th Rd ) Son’s HS team played them in 2018 and remember that as the best HS team I have ever seen.

1 Like

Izaac Pacheco a SS from Friendswood HS goes 39th overall to Tigers in 2nd Round. Was an Aggie commit.

1 Like

Gasser is drafted 71st overall to Padres at end of 2nd Compensatory Round. Expected signing bonus of $884k.

7 Likes

Cameron Cauley former 2022 UH commit (switched to Texas Tech) drafted 73rd overall to Texas Rangers.

There went our pitching staff lol

2 Likes

Lael Lockhart goes in 9th to Dodgers

5 Likes

Baseball is awesome. If you’re a 4-star or above you’re already being tracked by the pros. Doesn’t mean you’ll play pro ball but they know who you are.

Our Little League is the equivalent of Brazil’s favelas in soccer. The breeding ground for the best in the world.

Does this mean that most of our prized JUCO recruiting class will return next year?

2021 MLB Draft is a wrap. Have to see if any Coogs sign as UFA.

Surprised to see Hernandez not drafted. Obviously a plus to have him back.

Congrats to Gasser. Nice paycheck to continue his career.

2 Likes

Lovelace signed as an Undrafted Free Agent with the Angels….

Pendergass committed to University of Louisiana.

Sons bud/teammate from the travel days drafted by Astros. He’s 2nd player off that team drafted that no one from UH would even bother to attend their Scout/College Day once in 3 years of invites.

I don’t see Hernandez coming back to UH.

1 Like

I hope he does as really nothing to lose by coming back. If he has big year could increase his value but I think next year is going to be tough team wise.

I could be wrong but I would be surprised if Deese, Rivas or Hernandez return. I would throw Cherry in that mix but not so sure. All were planning to go pro.

1 Like

Not saying he may not play another yr of College ball, just don’t thk it will be at UH. Not trying be negative just w state of program on where it’s at, I see him wanting to get more exposure like Lockhart did going to Arky!

2 Likes

Maybe im not educated enough on the process. Hasnt the ship sailed on transferring after July 1st? I thought the only route for those guys would be to sign free agent with a club.

1 Like