2021 NCAA Golf Regionals - Kingston Springs

They barely squeaked into the tournament, but aren’t playing like that. Tied for 3rd after round 1, Gibson and Frances in the top 10 individually.

http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=22939&fbclid=IwAR2In6K3ON4yD7bjoWY5na6XOTyDXVOcbmJ6_EW4Iqi-vfvPGP9nFc8a6KM

Great to see them have a great first round and not have to play catch-up!!!

The PGA Championship is this week and there are no former UH golfers in the field.
Go back 40 years to 1981 PGA Championship and UH had the runner-up Frank Urban (Fuzzy) Zoeller and two former Coogs were part of a group that shared fourth - Bruce Lietzke. Keith Fergus. They tied Jack Nicklaus.
There were 8 former Coogs who made the cut - Bill Rogers, Ed Fiori, Tom Jenkins, Bobby Wadkins (Lanny’s younger brother) and George Cadle.

What channel is this being played on?

Now we are at only one team conference championship in the last 20 years. There were a couple guys over the last decade like Robledo I thought would make the PGA tour, but none have panned out.

I don’t think there is any tv for it. At least not that I could find.

Thanks.

Not a great start today, but they did the back nine first which appears to be harder. +5 mostly through 9, but they were +2 on the back nine yesterday and -7 on the front so lets hope that happens again.

Tough day.

Cream rises to the top. :slightly_frowning_face:

Really tough.