2021 Schedule

It is necessary to demean the folks that can’t donate $50 million? Juz wanna know…

2 Likes

That comparison would work except for the fact that UH just spent a pretty big chunk of change on facilities specifically for sports as well as paying holgerson a lot of money.

It’s like paying a Maybach chauffeur to drive our Hyundai. And to link it to the schedule, our chauffeur is driving our car around the old timey car ride at astroworld.

Huh !

UH has spent some money on athletics facilities, but we’re nowhere close to running with the big boys who have spent FAR more on renovations/updates to their FB facilities than we did on building our nice, quaint new little college FB stadium.

The recent Fertitta Center renovation is really about the only exception - thanks to Tilman Fertitta’s generous lead gift. UH just needs a whole lot more folks like him. In Time…where have I seen that?

1 Like

Our facility upgrades in football and basketball were to catch up in order to compete at all. I guarantee we would not be recruiting well at the Hof or the Rob. If you haven’t noticed, our conference mates have also improved their facilities; some before us, some after. Tulsa upgraded their football stadium long before we did. Nippert was upgraded at Cincy also. Even Tulane built an on campus stadium that fits their needs.

All this “we spent on facilities so we should win” stuff is just a lot of hot air. We had to upgrade or resign to be last, because what we had was completely inadequate. As for CDH, he is reaping the results of the previous 2 coaches lack of strategic recruiting that left huge holes in our class structure. He came in at a big disadvantage and has spent a couple of years trying to rectify the situation with jucos and transfers. The anti-Holgy crowd knows this, but chooses to ignore reality and beat their anti CDH drivel.

Our OOC schedule is what it is due to the late pull out by Boise State and having a hard time finding a taker for another game. Grambling filled one hole and UConn the next. It doesn’t matter that TCU was available if they refuse to play us. The same goes for anyone else that will not play us. Teams we had scheduled in future years have been pulling out or postponing our game until later years. We have openings to fill every year after 2022, with teams that were scheduled no longer there. For example, BYU is gone from the 2023 schedule which had previously been filled.

One thing for certain about our schedule is that UH will be in every game and that is who I go to see play. As long as we are not a P5 team, or true P6 conference, it really doesn’t matter who we play OOC because we have a glass ceiling that is impenetrable. The G5 slot in an NY6 bowl is highest achievable goal.

6 Likes

I feel, just pretend with me, that if we ran this craptastic schedule our glass ceiling would be something like the Frisco bowl. No way when the bowl selection playoff cartel comes out that they wouldn’t coastal Carolina us.

Who’s said anything about running with the big boys? I think most people would settle for being able to run with our conference mates.

5 Likes

After Dana starts having success with winning, he’ll start pushing for stronger schedules for he’ll see how it is hurting the program ranking and the respect the Coogs receive. Right now he is just looking for some more Ws and so he bitched about the schedule in 2019 and 2020.

1 Like

That’s funny, I definitely thought I have witnessed several wins at Tulsa in person. I’m sure we won there in 2005, 2009, 2011, 2015, and 2019. Yes, we did lose there in 2007 and 2017; but 6 wins against 2 losses at their place hardly qualifies as never winning there. I didn’t go back any further than 2000, but I don’t remember any games we played before that, so I only count games I remember going to, or in the case of 2011, watching on TV.

I always like the Tulsa game because it is usually very competitive.

1 Like

Not if we win the AAC

Trying to figure out which day he was a Coog :sunglasses:!!

All razor blades are stored at the edge of the cliff . . . . .

1 Like

Only the ones that have nothing positive to say and all they ever do is COMPLAIN, WHINE and BELLYACHE . . . . . wears thin . . . . . specially with little to no SKIN in the game . . . . .

3 Likes

Then step up and donate

I know it might seem that way but data, which everyone loves to use for point proving, suggests cases are dropping rapidly. I have had shots #1 and #2 and as soon as my wife gets her second we are off to Vegas, Tahoe, South Carolina, Florida and any other place we choose.

“Ever” is almost here!!

1 Like

Why are we even playing U Conn and at their Place in late November?

1 Like

Since that is a Rice home game, probably will be on Facebook. Only other possibility would be ESPN+.

Because there are not a lot of options and they are a D1 program that is available. Traveling all the way up there in late Nov sucks. I did it for two years straight in 2018 and 2019 and I know it sucks. But it is a game we should easily win with only the trip time and effort should put us at risk of earning a L.

There program has taken a major hit with leaving the AAC and being all in with basketball in the Big East.

1 Like

UCONN 2021 FB schedule looks pretty brutal, with a few exceptions. It’s going to be tough going as an indy. I’m going to road trip to Philly for Temple or travel for the UCONN game. How’s the game day experience in Hartford?

1 Like

I don’t love the Grambling band. However, we had to fill some holes and that is who we could get to play us here . We needed a home game and could get nothing better. Yes, we may have gotten a better game on the road; but then people would be howling about only having 5 home games (some are howling about only having 5 at TDECU).

When teams back out of games it leaves holes in the schedule and when you are dealing in a weak position, other teams take advantage of it. All the complaining doesn’t change anything.

2 Likes