2021 Schedule

Fortunately not all UH fans are whiners. There are quite a few that can take a piece of information like our schedule and pick it apart, assign blame and whine that we have this or that problem with the people involved with the football program.
Looking in the mirror is not something they like to do so of course when you point out their negativity they get defensive.

3 Likes

Honestly, it didnt seem like a simple question. It seemed more a leading question to which you had already created your answer and had it slanted towards anti-administration. You were looking for confirmation of your belief and when Red gave you the opposite view you didnt like it.

He is correct, fans are part of the problem, especially negative ones. If you dont think fans have some impact on the team, try to imagine how long a team would last with zero fans, or attendance and fans that mostly see negative where there isnt any. Who would want to play for that school? Dont you think other schools show prospects photos and video of our stadium and what the prospect can expect on game day? I sure would if I was a recruiter.

3 Likes

How Red stated it sequence wise is correct. We lost the Vandy and the Boise games and we had to scramble to find another game. Not many options out there this late in the scheduling process. We’ve had this game with UConn for a while. Sounds like we were looking for other options that didn’t develop and so at this late date we had to settle for UConn.

UConn has been struggling to fill their schedule also being an indy. UConn’s schedule is all over the place from Ivy League all the way to P5s including Clemson. Hopefully the are pretty beat up by late Nov and we get an easy win. They also play UCF.

Really not a big deal.

Red, I’ll take Shiner any day. :grin:

4 Likes

Why don’t you call Pezman and offer to help him out in scheduling over the next few years.

You seem to know all about it !

4 Likes

How many G5s do you think have better football facilities? Would shock me if it is more than a few.

We’re one of the best G5s on the facilities front. UCF is up there with us, I may be biased but I like ours a bit better. It is safe to say we are mid-P5 or average P5 with our facilities. Go and compare us to the lower 50% of the P5s and we shine well.

When we stole Dana from WVU, their fan base were commmenting about our facilities compared to theirs and they were surprised to find to be behind us especially with this:

Not sure where we stand with the football operations center that was getting a lot of pub and talk in 2018 and 2019. I assume the state of the financials has put the football operations center on the back burner for awhile. The hit on collegiate athletics has been significant over the past year and it may take 5 years for many programs to recover.

So now we complain about a winnable schedule, most of which is beyond the AD’s control. Nice.

5 Likes

Sadly, most of the fan base has chosen to not even complain, simply leave.

4 Likes

Most fan bases have taken a major hit during the pandemic and the economic distress it has caused so many of us. College athletics are in far more trouble then the general public realizes. Its very important for the NCAA tourney to execute as planned and especially for fall sports to return at 100% this fall. But it is going to take a while to get back on its feet and that is true for UH and for the majority of AD programs.

2 Likes

This schedule reminds me a lot of the 2011 schedule, our main game was UCLA at the start of the year and every game was winnable after that. Same thing here, seems as if the consensus on this topic is that y’all want to get to the playoff. NY6 is totally doable with this schedule, assuming no one else remains undefeated.

1 Like

Dana definitely didn’t like our schedules of 2019 and 2020. He pretty much tought they were too difficult, especially for a program in our state at the time in 2019 and 2020. Plus, he believed the AAC was tough enough, no need to load up on the OUs or Washington States and so forth. Now our conference schedule is a bit easier with UCF and Cincy off the schedule.

If we start winning big with this weaker schedule, there will be immediate pressure to make it harder to get the respect we believe we need. But of course the UCF’s and the Cincy’s along with the Memphis and SMU will all be there in the years ahead.

3 Likes

Define fan base. You are most likely referring to those that are band wagoners. Ie, not real fans.

Most schools have those. Well, except for a couple of cult schools.

Actually I would too over any champagne, I just never liked the stuff. I basically like red wine and my palate is not so refined that I can tell the difference between a modestly priced one and an expensive one. But, I would rather a nice bourbon and water.

I am pretty simple, beer and wine. Nothing fancy about me.

1 Like

The life blood of any organization who spend money that directly, or indirectly, benefits the organization.

I am positive UH would love any of those fans and proves it by offering the ones who spend more than most, perks. But “t-shirt” fans are welcome as well.

I’d rather have those, than an empty stadium and 60% fall in athletics revenue.

Considering the pandemic we’ve experienced in 2020/2021, I’m fine with any schedule that gives us a chance to win for the next two years. Afterwards, I expect a tougher OOC schedule befitting UH. Of course, a weaker schedule should produce more wins. If not, we have much bigger problems to tackle.

1 Like

Win big with this schedule, go to a decent bowl, get better recruits/JUCO’s/Transfers and build.

3 Likes

Dana didn’t like the 2019 and 2020 schedule? He thought they were too difficult?

Oh, Boo-freaking-hoo. What is his salary again???

1 Like

About $1,000,000 per win.

3 Likes

He didn’t like the schedule in 2019 because of the short length of time between games. Four games in 18 days is not common and it was a difficult time frame. Even commentators were talking about the schedule. That’s all he complained about.

11 Likes