2022-2023 preseason rankings - CBS Jon Rothstein

*Virginia - ranked 22nd

*Alabama - ranked 35th

*Memphis - ranked 31st

Personally don’t think UNC should be ranked number 1 But that’s my opinion

Seems kinda high for the tigers. Arent they losing everybody?

That’s with just the Kendric Davis news.

This also expects Quinones & Williams back. Which could happen.

Memphis could also add Caleb Murphy & others from the portal, which would move them on this list

From Rothsteins preseason list last season: out of his top 45. Only 31 of 45 made the tournament

9th:Oregon -NIT
19th:Maryland
20th:Virginia -NIT
22nd:Florida St
23rd:St Bonaventure - NIT
27th:Oklahoma St
32nd:Syracuse
33rd:West Virginia
35rd:Mississippi St - NIT
38th:St Johns
39th:Xavier - NIT
41st:Nevada
42nd:Belmont -NIT
44th:Wichita St

1 Like

I have a hard time seeing Williams come back. Turning 26 and playing college ball has to be weird

5 Likes

The Emmanuel Sharp disrespect is getting wild

4 Likes

Gonna guess he was just looking at the recruiting services for our incoming players. Since Sharp came in a semester early his name doesnt show up for the incoming class. Lazy writing but an easy mistake to make.

1 Like

Nothing against North Carolina and UK but nahhhh lol. That’s when being a blue blood overrated you.

Out of the top 5 choices i would go UH vs Arkansas as the two best teams. Especially if Ark. gets Williams back and we add Lofton.

Why not?

I think their bench ain’t all that and they just got hot at the right time. They haven’t added no one of significant by the transfer portal. Their recruiting class ain’t all that. They lost Brady Manek. They’ll still be good but not preseason #1.

If that is what Memphis puts on the floor I don’t see it as much more than okay
Lawson and Dandridge form a serviceable front and Williams doesn’t fit as well at the 3.

Q is solid and Davis will get a lot of shots.

1 Like

Coming off a major surgery and didn’t play his SR season. On top of that we have Shead, Sasser and Mark who rightfully get a lot of the preseason attention.
I don’t think there is any disrespect for Sharp, everyone just needs to see him on the floor.

3 Likes

I’ll wait till everyone has their teams for next season. Gets through summer workouts , etc.

Arkansas is my personal preseason number 1. They have a ton of pieces coming in and a coach that can make great use of them.

2 Likes

I think they are referring to the fact that he’s not even listed on the bench

I will go ahead and say it. Regardless of who he did or didn’t mention, it was an idiotic tweet. Even more self serving and arrogant to say he was the JaMorant of this team and to classify other teammates while leaving some out of the picture.

2 Likes

Ja has been miserable in the postseason

If he says he wants to be like him I’ll take him wildly under performing to let Sasser take AAC POTY :man_shrugging:

Only problem i see is they’ll have a lot of younggg pieces but talented. I need to see who UH brings in first. Seems like Arkansas has finish with their roster, UH has not by a long shot.

He didn’t even put his name as a player on the team lol. I’m just asking for a little bit on respect :joy:

3 Likes